First Review by xkillerx

avoid.... - Edit

We ordered the vegan, gluten free day menu. Which we could only order because there was another customer who translated for us. The woman who served us did not speak English and didn't even understand that we wanted the English menu (which they do have).

The menu existed of a soup, a main discharge with salat and a desert in form of a fruit salad. The soup was too salty, the main dish was tasteless, consisted only of almost raw pepper, plain rice and a sauce (which tasted of nothing). The salad was plain white cabbage with maybe some vinegar. BUT the worst of all was that it contained cheese.....! Not vegan, hidden away under the rice.

Right now we are waiting forever for our fruit salad. (15 min already)
Oh and even the drinks went wrong: we ordered an orange juice for our 1 year old daughter and got some sugary drink and our herbal tea wasn't herbal, but fruit tea ( the other option on the menu).

Cons: no English speaking waiters, vegan food not vegan

Hare Krisna Place in Szeged - Edit

The place is quite close to the city center and to the bank of the river Tisza. It is not an official devotee place, however the decoration highly suggests that it is related to the religion. I think it is a family business, the mom cooks and her daughter serves the food and takes the orders. Not sure if English is spoken, however it is very likely. I have not seen an English menu, worth a try asking for one.

At least half of the dishes were vegan, there is a daily menu as well. I had a fake goulash soup with seitan which reminded me of a simple vegetable soup, nevertheless is was fine, lacked a bit of paprika powder and was too salty for me.

Second dish was a chickpea-aubergine sabji with rice which was okay, again too salty for me.

Paid like 4-5 euros for the 2 dishes and a lemonade.

All in all, I was very happy that I could find a place where they served vegan food, however I think the chef needs a bit of practice with the spices.

Pros: serves vegan options, good Location, value price

Cons: spicing of the dishes

hare krishna place - Edit

Have been there in April 2014. They have daily menu vegetarian and vegan. The meal is consist of a soup, salad, main dish and a cake. Food was OK except the soup which was to salty. The price for all was 4 Euros. It is a Hare Krishna place and the space is fine.

hare krishna, hare hare, hare krishna, krisha hare - Edit

This place is simply best left avoided.

Seriously.

Yes, it is sad that Szeged has no other "strictly" vegetarian options (but since these folks arent vegan either, then who cares), and yes it is baby's first restaurant so one might forgive some small errors, but the whole is bigger than the sum of its parts so just let this one pass and go eat some greasy tofu at a chinese place instead (as sad as that might sound).

Even sadder is that these people have obviously never been to a regular restaurant or else they would have some basic knowledge of restaurant manners and etiquette.

Or that, that they dare not even mention the great and only hare krishna on their website when clearly everything is subversively geared towards converting the heathens. Dear me.

Avoid this place, they dont deserve your money, and you deserve better. And mind you, they certainly are not "inexpensive" either.

Pros: none, really, none

Cons: brainwashing hare krishna music, inadequate, unqualified staff, no air circulation whatsoever

Return to Szeged Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Orangyal closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1191 times since Aug 2013.