Orange Frog

n/a

11 Selwyn Rd, Paihia, New Zealand

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers some vegan and gluten free menu items. Food is organic and affordable. Drinks include coffee, superfood smoothies and juices. Open Mon-Sun 8:30am-5:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Japanese, Organic, Raw, Fast food, Salad bar, Juice bar, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by VeggieToals

Best Cafe in Paihia - Edit

The only place in Paihia that offers an option other than a burger for Vegos!!! GREAT coffee and a range of cakes. plus all the staff are super nice!

Pros: VEGAN OPTIONS! :), Good Coffee, Friendly Staff

Cons: Why do we have to have a con?

Delicious - Edit

I just recently visited over the Christmas period. I was sad to see it closed the first two days of our stay but it was due to public holidays surrounding Christmas Day. Being vegan, I get incredibly excited when I know
Vegan and vegan friendly restaurants are in town. This was literally 5 minutes walk from our apartment and I visited frequently. I tried to eat everything on the menu. Vegan options are clearly labelled and if you're unsure, you can ask the staff. The stuffed sweet potato was so delicious!! The best I've had. I also had the walnut lentil burger which was so so good. There's plenty of vegan options to suit whatever mood you're in be it cake, coffee, juice, smoothies, salads, burgers, whatever you feel like. The staff were super friendly and the prices were what you'd expect for vegan food. I'm so happy this place exists!

Pros: location, taste, options

Yummo! - Edit

A vegetarian and vegan friendly delight! In an area soaked in touristic dining experiences, this cafe/lunch bar type place is full of delicious food and smoothies/juices/coffee. We've been back 3 times in a week! Cabinet food including raw cakes and slices plus yummy Lentil and Potato pie, Spinach and Feta roll, polenta slice, wraps, filled potato, fresh salads etc. Just had an AMAZING hemp bean Pattie burger and hubby had the beetroot and brown rice version. Plus they had a walnut and lentil version too which we might have to go back for too! all homemade and fresh tasting. Wish it was closer to home. Hope it stays here for years to come as we come up every year. Go, reward your tastebuds. Morning/lunch place not dinner sadly.

Pros: Delicious variety of vege and raw food, Yummy smoothies/juices, Friendly staff

Cons: Not open for dinner

VeggieToals 15 Jan 2016 - For some reason it chose 4 cows all by itself.. I was going to say 5

Return to Paihia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Orange Frog closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.