CLOSED: Opus World Bistro

Contact 915-585-2221

7128 N Mesa, El Paso, Texas, USA, 79912

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers a varied range of vegan choices like the raw lasagna, chickepea cutlet, and tofu and buglur wheat crab cakes. AUG 2014 REPORTED SHUT.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, International, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by MFST7

Extensive vegan menu - Edit

Personally, I find the place to be overly expensive, entrees are not good enough to justify the prices, and, a particular peeve of mine, the menu includes vegan/vegetarian entrees that pretend to be something they are not. I would love some innovative steamed vegetable choices with various sauce options, but items on this menu have to look like they are actually a crab cake or something else(the vegetable/tofu "crab cakes" are $14 by the way and so bland I couldn't even finish mine).

I've tried this restaurant three or four times and have not yet found one vegan/vegetarian item that would justify my returning - still, I keep trying. Just give me fresh vegetables please, complement them with a nice sauce, don't try to make it look like something that it isn'e, keep the price below $10, and I'll be perfectly happy, thank you.

Pros: vegan/vegetarian dishes

Cons: No straight vegetable dishes

Excellent vegan choices in El Paso - Edit

Last night my husband and I enjoyed an excellent meal at Opus World Bistro. We were thrilled with the number of choices we had in small plates, soup/salad and entrees. The staff was friendly and helpful with vegan wine selection. We will be sure to return soon to sample more of their wonderful menu. We were delighted that a restaurant offers food choices that are sophisticated and creative. Thank you Opus Bistro.

Pros: number of choices, sophistication of menu, location

Great Food, Service, and Atmosphere - Edit

Had dinner here for the first time last night and couldn't say enough positive things about this place. The food was absolutely scrumptuous and the staff were attentive and very nice including Chef Michael who is a delight. He even came by our table to ensure that we were enjoying the delicious food that we had been served. He also went out of his way to create a specialty desert sampler plate for us. I highly recommend this place and give it two big thumbs up.

Pros: Yummy Food, Awesome Staff and Chef, Intimate and Casual

opus meal - Edit

i had a chance to have brunch on sunday, Losts of vegan opt. Chef also greeted us and made us a tofu scramble, and other items not no the brunch, all food was well done and flavorful ( stuff we tasted), does have a 15 or so vegan menu in place thats available with vegtan friendly wines,

Pros: raw foods/ vegan ++, good. well prepared, good service

Cons: hidden hard to find

Very, very good!!! - Edit

Opus World Bistro serves delicious, healthy and low fat vegan food. The vegan menu offers a lot of very creative apetizers, entrees and deserts. You can tell the chef puts a lot of time and care behind his food.
I have been there many times and have been very happy with all their dishes.
It's hard to find delicious vegan food in El Paso but at Opus World Bistro it's abundant. This restaurant is a gem in the ruff. Enjoy all you gourmets!!!

Pros: excellent, healthy, good value

Wonderful Experience - Edit

I recently was in El Paso on business and was delighted to find Opus World Bistro. The food was really good, the service was fantastic, and I was made to feel very welcomed. Most notably, the owner/chef, Mike, was one of the most special people! He visited the tables, talked about options, offered his opinions, and really welcomed people with his warm, kind, friendly, humble demeanor. I had the vegan wine/tasting menu, and was really impressed by the level of artistry and freshness! I highly recommend Opus, Mike and his lovely staff to visitors and residents of El Paso alike!

Return to El Paso Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Opus World Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1263 times since Jul 2012.