Ops! Cucina Mediterranea

Via Bergamo 56, Roma, Rome, Italy, 00198

Buffet turned vegan in 2013. Pile what you like onto a plate and pay by weight. Has Wi-Fi. Open Mon 8:30am-3:00pm, Tue-Sun 8:30am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Italian, Buffet, Mediterranean, Salad bar, Beer/Wine

First Review by AlessandroPalmesi

High quality but pricey - Edit

Very good quality of the food . You pay by weight and it's too expensive .

good food but expensive - Edit

Lovely staff, good food. Many people eat here and food by weight catches you out.

Very impressive selection of food. Today was all gluten free as well, bonus!

Worth the visit - Edit

We went to Ops on Palm Sunday, and we were surprised that 80% of the people there were locals. Ops offer a vegan buffet, with an impressive number of dishes. They have a range of dishes, from lasagne, and pasta, to steamed veg, tofu and seitan dishes, different types of hummus and a small salad selection. There were a few dishes that were exceptional; the red rice with peas and strawberries is incredibly flavourful, the lentils were beautifully spiced. We also had chocolate ice cream, not included in the buffet and that was just out of this world. It's worth coming for the ice cream alone!! I'm really glad that such options for vegans exist in Rome and I think Ops is worth the visit, however it's not a place I returned to, as I don't think it's great value for money and I would like more greens and more nourishing options.

Pros: incredible ice cream, excellent variety

Cons: not the best value for money

amazing - Edit

Really nice! The staff is friendly; speaks english and he food is really good.

Tasty and interesting food - Edit

I visited it with my omni mum and we both liked the food and the different tastes. It's a bit on the expensive side, so we didn't fill our plates too much and in the end stayed a little hungry. We also shared a Tiramisu dessert which was nice.

Pros: Tasty, interesting (all vegan) food

Cons: A bit expensive

Be careful! :P - Edit

There's so many options and I got too excited, did not even order a drink. Me and my s/o shared a glass of OJ and fill our plates twice, second one not too much though.
It turns out to be 50€!
I agree with the other person commenting earlier. The plates was heavy and IDK if it's taken into consideration when weighing.
Food was nice and the pinoy staff was helpful. :)

Pros: Options

Cons: Price

Vegan buffet - excellent! - Edit

All-vegan buffet, huge variety, lots of Italian dishes - lasagne, risotto - everything we tasted was excellent. Highly recommended

Pros: great variety, nice atmosphere, excellent food

lovely food bit pricey for what it is - Edit

The staff were lovely and really helpful as I had never visited before! It's buffet style so you pick your food then weigh your plate before sitting down. It would have been helpful if I'd known how much it was (after weighing) so I could estimate whether I could afford more! Was a bit shocked that my food came to €14 and I didn't even have a full plate! My ot was still hungry after we left as he didn't want to spend more money! The plates are quite heavy and I'm not sure if that is taken into consideration when weighing. The food was nice and tasted good but we didn't get much for what we paid

Il mio primo amore - Edit

Questo locale è stato il mio primo amore e lo consiglio a tutti. La formula è perfetta... si sceglie il tavolo, si prende un piatto e lo si riempie come si desidera e poi si va a pesare... e si paga a peso. Il buffet è veramente vario e sempre rifornito sia con piatti caldi che freddi. Si ha anche la possibilità di riempire dei contenitori take away. Per me il cibo è buonissssimo e sempre vario. Il mercoledì è gluten free vegan.

Pros: menù vario che cambia con le stagioni

Cons: non ho ancora trovato difetti

beautiful food - Edit

Loved the food here and brilliant for a range of dietary requirements. Tempting to stack your plate high but would be very expensive as you pay by weight.

Pros: lovely staff, fluent in English, well labelled ingredients , creative delicious dishes

Cons: expensive if you are hungry for a big plate of foo

Amazing! - Edit

Absolutely the best restaurant in Rome! You can choose from a various foods in the bufet, which is completely vegan. There is also a plenty of a delicious vegan desserts :) totally a must visit place in Rome!

Pros: Good staff, Amazing atmosphere, Delicious food

Cons: Price, Not very much space

excellent - Edit

Amazing. In evening it works by weighing your plate at the end. Lots of options for everyone, nice romantic vibe in restaurant (given the style of self service), candles, low light etc.

Perfect! - Edit

We we Here for a nice lunch,the flavours were really good. We also came back for dinner one at and breakfast another. Really nice place.

Pros: Food, Welcoming, Ice cream

Good food - Edit

The food here was absolutely delicious!
Although it was a tad expensive and the location wasn't the best, but the walk was worth it.
The lasagna and the risotto was to die for.

The staff was really friendly and spoke good English.

Pros: Great food, A lot of choices , Friendly staff

Cons: Not the best location

A must when you're in Rome - Edit

Great experience. Very friendly staff and amazing food. Not the cheapest place but not more expensive then a regular restaurant. The pasta, lasagna and risitto was delicious. The location is a bit off from the tourist spots. 20 min walk from spanish steps or Termini. But it is worth it!

Pros: Amazing Food, Great staff, Great atmosphere

Cons: The location is not the best

Best vegan restaurant in Rome - Edit

Similar to All you can eat but in vegan version. You pay for weight of your plate(s). Very friendly stuff and tasty food. High recommendation!

A Must Try in Rome - Edit

The food here is absolutely delicious. Ops! is a nice, casual sit down restaurant. You ask for a table, then choose whatever you want from the buffet, and have your plate weighed before returning to your table. There are lots of yummy options to choose from, so it's easy to over-eat and end up with a big bill if you're not careful. Lots of yummy vegan deserts as well. If you are in Rome, definitely check this place out!

Pros: Variety, Delicious, Buffet style

Cons: A little pricey, Closed one day a week- double check hours

amazing - Edit

Amazing amazing amazing the tastes was just amazing hope be back again to Rome to eat here just one more time

Return to Rome Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ops! Cucina Mediterranea closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 20715 times.