Open Gare

• ( 3 reviews )

18 Allee du Moura, Biarritz, France, 64200

Serves fish, vegan options available. Previously vegetarian lunch spot with a menu that changes daily. You can expect dishes like lasagne, toasted sandwiches, curries, salads, desserts and more. Uses only plant milks for coffee. Added fish in 2021. Open Tue-Sat 09:00-17:30.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Mediterranean, Honey, Non-veg

First Review by SurfingOyambre

MarikaMarcuzzi

Points +60

30 May 2020

Comforting place in a railway station

I was very surprised to find such a cosy and friendly place in a railway station. I am happy I went in because from the outside, it didn't seem much inspiring and looked like any railway station café. I would never have went in if there had not been information outside: Tofu, vegan choices…
I can not really give an opinion on the food since I didn't taste it yet. I was there in the morning, after bringing someone to the railway station, it was neither lunch time nor dinner time. But I had a vegan cookie and a vegan hot chocolate. It was good.
I liked the rejuvenating atmosphere, the friendly (and vegan) staff, and the fact that I could drink and eat something vegan. I will certainly go there again the next time I go to the railway station.
I give 4 stars and not 5 stars since the place is not vegan, but only vegetarian.

J'ai été très surprise de découvrir ce restaurant après avoir accompagné un proche à la gare. Je ne m'attendais pas du tout à trouver un tel décor, une telle ambiance reposante, vu que de dehors, Open gare ressemble à un banal restaurant de gare. Heureusement que l'ardoise posée dehors indiquait bien qu'il y a des options vegan et des plats contenant du tofu. J'ai donc découvert un endroit étonnamment accueillant, au décor agréable, qui propose des plats et boissons vegan.
Je ne peux pas émettre d'opinion sur les plats car je ne les ai pas goûtés, vu que ce n'était ni l'heure du repas de midi, ni du dîner. Je n'avais d'ailleurs pas l'intention de prendre quoi que ce soit vu l'heure, mais un restaurant avec des options vegan, il fallait que je prenne quelque chose, alors j'ai commandé un chocolat chaud avec du lait d'avoine et un cookie vegan. C'était bon. J'y retournerai sûrement la prochaine fois que je chercherai ou raccompagnerai un proche à la gare.
Je ne donne pas 5 étoiles puisque ce restaurant n'est pas vegan, mais seulement végétarien.

Updated from previous review on 2020-05-30

Pros: vegan options, relaxing atmosphere, friendly staff

Cons: not vegan, only vegetarian

LauraMarcellaBeem

Points +13

Mostly Veg
14 Jan 2020

Friendly cosy easy

Nice cosy restaurant, very spacious. Old trainstation restaurant transformed in modern vegan restaurant, café and pop up store. Friendly people and good food.
Not a lot of options, but what is there is very tasty.

Pros: Very cool space! , Easy parking, very accessible

Cons: Not a lot of choice

SurfingOyambre

Points +19

Vegetarian
15 Sep 2019

excellent food and cosy ambience

The Open Gare, located in the train station of Biarritz, is a Restaurant/Café mix which offers in addition enough space for working and reading.
There is also a little boutique, offering locally produced handbags from upcycled materials.
I chose the menu de jour which was a Spanish tortilla for starter, a yellow Indian curry for main course and a fig cheesecake for dessert.
It tasted very delicious, you could distinguish the different ingredients.
I loved that the team of the Open Gare offers such a big selection of organic and healthy meals and drinks.
There are lots of vegan options.
I can definitely recommend this Café as not only for eating but also for having a very delicious coffee in a stylish place.

Pros: healthy and delicious, good prices, nice design

Return to Biarritz Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Open Gare closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.