American
Western
Juice bar
Take-out
Gluten-free

The 2nd outlet of this vegan cafe opened 2018. Serves western style dishes such as burgers and sandwiches, scrambled tofu and pizza, salads, raw pies and cakes. Relocated from 4-1, Lane 118, Sec 2, Heping East Rd, Da'an Dis and reopened March 2023. Open Mon-Tue 10:00am-9:00pm, Thu-Sun 10:00am-9:00pm. Kitchen closes 8:30pm, hooch bar 5pm-midnight.

Venue map for Ooh Cha Cha - Banqiao
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by HaileyPoLa

Huraiquire

Points +7230

23 Jun 2023

Board Game LOVE! 🎲♟️

I do love my board games.
Vegan, cozy, offers hot chocolate and kombucha, and has a variety of games?! What’s not to love?! Take my money.

They just relocated to a stunning, new place and the service is quite good. The menu looks great and the food is quite tasty, although I wouldn’t say it’s the best thing about the place.

We had:
MUHAMMARA BURGER (with Plant Best)-
Delicious, but quite spicy, despite inquiring first and it not being labelled so on the menu. Nice textures. Thought about skipping the coleslaw, but glad I didn’t; you need the acidity to cut the richness. Fries could use some salt. Dipping sauce could be lighter in herb and hit it with some lemon to balance it.

FIESTA BURGER (with Plant Best)- good. Eaten by a meat eating friend who said the texture wasn’t like meat much and beyond meat is sweeter in comparison. Still enjoyed.

FIERY BUFFALO BOWL- delicious and large portion, but too spicy.

BREATHE LIGHTER smoothie- creamy and delicious

Hot chocolate- coconut milk was overpowering, but they had no problem to remake mind with only oat milk. Not very sweet and light in taste. I asked for some syrup on the side. Make it Darker please!

Oops, almost forgot the cheesecake.
I’m not usually a fan of Raw cakes, but their lemon raw cheesecake is certainly the exception. Smooth, creamy, well balanced and melts in your mouth. Love the simple, yet vibrant zest garnish. If you get the chance, definitely try it. It’s top notch. ⭐️🍰

Updated from previous review on 2023-06-23

IndigoHsu

Points +172

27 Sep 2021

Not bad

Drinks are awesome, food is nice:)
Really close to Shida which is great!

Cons: Space is small but it’s okay:)

Ameisherry

Points +6433

Raw
06 May 2021

Amazing

Amazing food amazing people , I actually took my mom there in 2018 , didn’t realize it’s actually a vegan restaurant, just really love the food there and almost go everyday
The first time was my friend took me there and we join their beer yoga event was so much fun😄it was an amazing experience and memory

Aquaholic

Points +183

26 Dec 2019

Nice place

Small place with very friendly staff and good menu options. The tacos were small but had great flavours, the nachos were also delicious. I’ll be back to try more.

Pros: Different vegan options , Vegan wine , Open late

ianel

Points +197

26 Dec 2019

Pricey and average

Nice banh mih, but the home fries and fajita bowl were bland and dry. Perhaps the other options are better.

Pros: Healthy, big menu

Cons: Expensive, bland

SerhiyLunak

Points +108

05 Nov 2019

Always welcoming

Cute place with plenty of vegan food and drink options.

itravelforveganfood

Points +1824

21 Sep 2019

Vegan cafe with some delicious items

Read more in this vegan Taipei guide: https://itravelforveganfood.com/vegan-taipei-guide/

Ooh Cha Cha has two cafes in Taipei, both of which are vegan. The menus are different, but the one near Technology Building Station has a slightly bigger menu.

One of my favorite things to eat here is their cookie ice cream sandwich. The chocolate chip cookie is baked with a soft and chewy texture. It goes well with the coconut vanilla ice cream. The cookie is so good that I bought a few more to take back home.

Other comfort food dishes include this Southwest burger with corn tomato salsa, nacho chips, and root beer float are all pretty nice. Overall Ooh Cha Cha is a nice vegan cafe serving healthy comfort food.

Pros: All vegan cafe, Ice cream cookie sandwich is delicious

marinovam

Points +128

30 Aug 2019

Good menu

Easy to find, right next to the mayor station. The food was tasty and fresh. The smokey Cheese Burger was lush. Also, gluten free options are labelled, which isn’t easy to find in Asia. Expected a bit more from the cakes, considering how amazing the rest of the food was.

yeahtincho

Points +132

22 Aug 2019

Tasty western style vegan fare with an Asian twist

A lot of great options. Vegan banh mi is my favorite for an individual order, and Southwestern nachos are a great shareable. Their vegan dairy alternatives deserve a special mention - they’re delicious and so close to the real thing (coming from a vegetarian), without the artificial, plastic-like taste which is unfortunately all too common. Also sells vegan wines!!

Pros: Diverse menu with Asian and Western options , Great vegan dairy

Cons: A little pricey

MichaelRobinson

Points +2736

20 Aug 2019

Ooh Yeah

I first went to Ooh Cha Cha last christmas & just didn't get around to reviewing it, so on my return to Taipei I had to go back to eat here. First night I had the ricotta burger with home fries, the patty itself is delicious and the whole thing is dressed perfectly, the home fries could do with more seasoning for my tastebuds. I couldn't resist the ice cream sandwich, coconut ice cream inbetween 2 warm choc chip cookies, very rich & tasty. A few nights later I had the San Diego Nachos which were great. The place has a warm welcoming vibe & the downstairs bar is a nice place to hang out playing board games if that's your thing, they also serve a very good bottled root beer.

Pros: Great atmosphere., Delicious

Chia

Points +3635

01 Jul 2019

Tasty

Was here July 2019. Saw this on happycow and gave it a try on our trip to Taipei. Here's my Ooh Cha Cha review. From the outside it appears to be a tight restaurant but once you enter you can find additional seating room in the basement level where there are even boardgames for guests to use. The menu is quite diverse, with a heavy modern American vegan cuisine influence. Several of us were there. Someone ordered a burger that came with a side of potatoes, another got a loaded nachos, a big chocolate chip cookie with ice cream on top, matcha latte, strawberry milkshake, and tacos. Everyone was pleased with their food.

pinkkeeyy

Points +54

29 Jun 2019

Incredible food!! A must go in Taipei

Healthy, filling and extremely tasty! Slightly more expensive than typical local fare but not unfairly priced at all. Really great portion sizes, and I’ve never had a bad meal there! Both locations are amazing! The other location is slightly smaller and had less options, but I believe that some items were exclusive to this location. A MUST GO AS A VEGETARIAN AND VEGAN IN TAIPEI :)! My meat-eating BF was also obsessed with this place

denn

Points +553

09 Mar 2019

Good but expensive

The food is decent but the price is not really worth me returning for

Dragonking

Points +335

01 Dec 2018

Moderate prices tasty vegan food

Been hear several times and tried several dishes.I found the ricotta burger very tasty,though the fried potatoes were a rather small portion moderate prices,fairly easy to find.

Pros: Tasty vegan cheese

Cons: Some dishes small portions

MovingMangoes

Points +55

16 Aug 2018

Best Vegan Nachos and Fun Atmosphere!

We love Ooh Cha Cha as our go-to restaurant in Taipei, Taiwan. The owners are so nice and focused on quality, fresh ingredients and recipes. We love their new downstairs pub with games, trivia nights, and a cool atmosphere. Many vegan restaurants, especially in Taipei, don't offer alcohol or a place to go in the evenings. So lucky to have this as an option. Their food is absolutely amazing!

jessika311

Points +1054

28 Jul 2018

6 stars

I’ve been to the original location several times and was anxious to try their second location. Much more spacious and different menu. Absolutely loved my nachos. Will most definitely recommend and return!

Pros: All plant based , Moderate prices , Friendly owner and great atmosphere

Cons: Too close to my house....! Jk ;-)

Agouygouy

Points +64

12 Jul 2018

Disappoiting, bland food

We were expecting a lot from this place seeing the reviews here and on Google, but were really disappointed. The place is nice, but the food we ordered (the spicy mango burger and the wild mushroom bowl) tasted both very bland. I'm used to healthy vegan food but this just tasted like a bunch of ingredients thrown together with no concern for taste.
It is rare that I don't enjoy a meal at least a bit. I would really not recommend this place.

Pros: all vegan, nice looking place

Cons: tasteless

Charlie.

Points +812

30 Apr 2018

Good

Healthy & delicious food served just like their main/first branch Ooh Cha Cha! Minimum order one item per person. Another great vegan eatery to go in Taipei!

Backstab75

Points +158

09 Apr 2018

Great burgers and bowls

Really good burgers with nice fillings like vegan ricotta, tempeh bacon or pickled red cabbage. Worth going for a quick bite.

HaileyPoLa

Points +1118

12 Feb 2018

Even better than Ooh Cha Cha 1

Ooh Cha Cha Tech is quite spacious compared to its original location in Guting, close to the MRT, and the food is great! I've only tried the scrambled tofu, but I loved it. The portion sizes are good, too. It's not common to see whole food plant-based restaurants in Taipei (or the whole Taiwan), so this is one of my go-to places for some healthfulness.

Pros: healthy food, spacious interior