Ooh Breado Teobachae - 터바채 비건 레스토랑

• ( 4 reviews )

3, Sangdo-ro 37-gil, 2nd Floor, Dongjak-gu (at Yangnyeong-ro), Seoul, South Korea

Est. Oct. 2020. Owned by the same proprietor of Ooh Breado bakery, the all-vegan restaurant, on the second floor of the building, offers a modest offering of rice bowl set menu, salad, and entrees. Some menu items are seasonal. All ingredients are locally sourced, and side dishes are prepared in-house. Some dishes use either soy protein or seitan. Delivers via the coupangeats app. Open Tue-Sun 12:00pm-3:00pm, 5:00pm-9:00pm. Closed Mon.

Categories: Vegan, Chinese, Japanese, Delivery, Asian, Fusion, Korean

First Review by frazum

SteveH

Points +4158

24 Sep 2021

Great underrated place!

This is a bit off the beaten track but honestly not too far. Considering the fair prices and good taste, more people should make effort to come here.

All 4 dishes we each had were good and the spicy eggplant we shared was very good. The seating area is also nice and easy to meet a group here.

bongbong733

Points +4069

15 Sep 2021

Housemade and natural

At this vegan restaurant, they are clearly putting effort into making healthy and purely plant-based food. Most is hand-made (including soy chicken, pickles and kimchi) and even seasoning sauces are house-made. They claim they use only natural ingredients.

Their menu features a couple of veganized dishes of Korean origin, some are inspired by Chinese and Japanese cuisine. There are also daily changing dishes (depending on who is cooking that day) and the menu changes by season. For foreign customers, the menu states English names as well.

Portion size was okay and prices generally range between 8000 and 12000 KRW for a one-person dish.

Staff is very friendly and listens to customers, asking sincerely for feedback.

Located on the second floor above the vegan bakery Ooh Breado, the restaurant offers seating space in a bright and open setting.

Updated from previous review on 2021-09-15

Pros: Good ingredients, Friendly staff, Affordable price

nana11

Points +54

11 Nov 2020

Nice Food, very “fake meat” based

The place looks very nice and the food is definitely tasty! However, the options are very much focused on “fake meat” which is not my favorite...
Considering that these are exactly the meals you can’t find in Korea as a vegan it is of course a nice option!
I ordered the tofu udon soup which was very good and which I definitely recommend. My friends had the udon salad and one of the shared options (I think it was the second one on the menu) which were also nice.

Pros: Very nice kimchi!! , Free americano on the way out, Simple vegan dishes

Cons: Much “fake meat”

frazum

Points +557

31 Oct 2020

The convenience of having a vegan restaurant and a bakery in the same building

I went on the pre-official opening of the restaurant, so it was kinda quiet. Most of the customers were regulars of the bakery downstairs or knew about it from the instagram posting. When I arrived I was greeted by the former Babione's chef who also served as the chef at Loving Hut in Yangjae for some time. Knowing that, I knew the food will be good and to my taste. My friend and I each ordered a rice bowl set (eggplant and grilled veggie meat) and an entree (깐풍기 = deep-fried chicken with spicy sauce). Each rice bowl set came with 3 side dishes of salad, seasoned konyaku, and radish kimchi. The entree was served with salad on the side of the plate. Sure enough everything was tasty and to my taste. The entree is a tad on the sour side, but tasty nonetheless.

After dinner, we got some goodies downstairs before calling it a night.

Updated from previous review on 2020-10-30

Return to Seoul Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ooh Breado Teobachae - 터바채 비건 레스토랑 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.