First Review by kindlizard

Interesting flavors - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow and was here in December 2012. Here's my Ono Gelato review.

It's a cute little shop located in the heart of Paia town. Lots of tourists come here to get their gelato ice cream. One side of the freezer is sorbets that are non-dairy, though I'm not sure what kind of sugar is used to make them. There are around 10 or so flavors from which one can try. A little scoop costs nearly $5, not cheap.

The entire other side of the offering is dairy based gelato.

We shared a scoop of the coconut ginger, and it was alright.

Ono Gelato - Edit

They surprisingly have a nice spread of vegan gelatos. I ordered the banana flavored gelato at a different location so I went with the lilikoi this time. Unfortunately I did not like it, but overall their other gelotos are pretty good.

wow, vegan chocolate gelato! - Edit

We tried this place in lahania and it was soso, but we gave the paia location a shot and the dark chocolate vegan is insanely awesome. They use seaweed to make it smooth, no fat! We fought over the last bite! If they don't have that flavor you can try at manna foods up the street, they sell it by the pint, for less and you get a lot more!

Pros: vegan dark chocolate

The best gelato ever! This place is amazing! - Edit

When we walked in to this beautiful place we thought we were dreaming - one whole side of the offering is a beautiful display of vegan gelato - and the flavors and freshness are really amazing. This is a place not to miss, and you will then find that you have to return as soon as you can to try a new flavor or re-visit the one you had. Ono is a real treasure!

Pros: Excellent Gelato, Beautiful Store, Friendly Staff

Ono means delicious - Edit

They have plenty of vegan cold treats. Our fave of course is the lillikoi! I got that w pineapple and choc one day. They have a ton of great flavors from which to choose. The folks there are super nice. We love it here! ALOHA!

Pros: lillikoi, super nice, ample vegan sorbet selection

Return to Paia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ono Gelato closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1104 times since Jul 2011.