CLOSED: One World Cuisine

Contact 08-92071668

249 North Beach Drive (at Tuart Hill Shopping Village, Tuart Hill), Perth, Western Australia, 6060

All vegan restaurant. Hot buffet style, "pay what you feel". Salad, fruits, soup, desserts, teas are self-service. Reservations required for dinner. Also vegan bakery and wide range of frozen vegetarian products (wedges, tofu, patties, soy sausages/burgers, mock meats, tempeh, vegan ice cream etc). Open for dinners only, dine in take away. JULY 2013 REPORTED SHUT DOWN BY MULTIPLE SOURCES.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, Organic, Buffet, Take-out

First Review by Coulinjo

Delicious vegan food - Edit

My husband and I sought this place out to support vegan cuisine in WA. It has a sort of strip-mall, plastic table/chairs, steam counter aesthetic, but don't let that scare you away. The friendly staff instructed us that we could have as much of whatever we wanted, and pay what we want. The cuisine is Asian, probably Malaysian and perhaps Indonesian influenced. My husband and I each tried 4-5 separate dishes, most of which were excellent. Protein lumps heavily featured-- tofu, seitan, tempeh, curries, etc. I went back for a second small taste of one mock beef type dish, but I don't remember any names. Everything was dished out from the counter on real plates and cutlery, and there was filtered water available to fill up on. I would have liked seeing more actual vegetables, like green stuff, and perhaps more grains/carbs. After our meal I wandered around the shop and of course noticed that most of the protein lumps were available in the freezer to take home. Supreme Master is playing on the TV right overhead the whole time, I could live without that.

For dessert we had a raw coconut macadamia blueberry pie with a cheesecake consistency. It was nice and there were other tempting options, both raw and baked. We paid something similar to what was charged at another restaurant, $30 for two mains and a dessert. I don't know if that is considered high or low, but the staff seemed fine with it. Incidentally we did book ahead. It wasn't crowded but it's not a big place so it could fill up. We were in fact asked if we'd made a reservation, despite everything else being so casual. I'd go back there, the food was very tasty.

Pros: tasty food, all vegan, inexpensive

Cons: TV, loud, small-ish

Contributions +46

Best food - Edit

Simply the best vegan food i ever taste. Excellent variety. Their vegan cakes are amazing too!

Pros: Vegan, Excellent light shining through

Out of this world - Edit

I took the family to eat here for my daughter's birthday and although the cafe isn't the swishest you'll find, the food and the enthusiasm for the cause more than makes up for it. It's such a treat for vegans to be able to have full run of the buffet!!! The food was interesting enough to tempt the one omnivore in our family and Michael is keen to chat about how veganism will save the land and the world. He gave us all the recipes so we can continue to show meat-eaters that vegan food isn't just salad. It's a great idea. The television was set to a loud Malaysian channel which was distracting and annoying for dining in but it seems most of the trade is takeaway. The only truly offputting thing is that it's pay as you feel and I feel we were embarrassed to offer anything less than a big price after sitting there eating. We didn't like the pressure of deciding how much would be polite to pay and paid way over the odds, that's the only thing that would stop us going back again and again.

Pros: Vegan, buffet style, tasty food

Cons: pay as you feel, noisy TV

Return to Perth Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: One World Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 329 times since Dec 2009.