One Dish Cuisine

Contact 443-759-6344

8001 Hillsborough Rd (at Taylor Village Ctr), Ellicott City, Maryland, USA, 21043

Serves meat, vegan options available. Certified gluten-free cafe, deli, and bakery housed in a green building. Offers allergen free menu with vegan choices and separate fryers for vegan and casein-free food. Has Wi-Fi. Mon-Sat 11:00am-8:30pm, Sun 11:00am-7:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Organic, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by NIBsmf

be very careful - Edit

you need to be very aware that their blue menu has in my opinion false advertising. there are burgers. sandwiches etc that have vegan cheese on them but still have animal products. for instance a few burgers have Angus meat but vegan cheese... makes absolutely no sense to me. then a chicken sandwhich with veg cheese and a Reuben but they both have meat.

Pros: food is ok

Cons: very expensive and menu is very tricky.

onedishcuisine Our blue menu clearly states that it is milk free and items that are marked with a "V" are Vegan! It is very clear on the blue menu board and on the blue menu on our website. A person who has an anaphylactic milk allergy still eats meat, they just can't have any dairy products..so they would order a real burger with vegan cheese. A vegan orders the vegan burger or spaghetti and sauce or pizzas or eggplant parm- all are clearly marked with a "V"! Not rocket science here. First and foremost we are a gluten and allergen free cafe, deli and bakery that happens to make many things that are vegan..all desserts and breads, etc. We are free of wheat, rye, barley, oats, soy, egg, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts and sesame. Our blue kitchen does not contain any dairy products so that is where a Vegan has to order their food. All very clearly marked! A vegan orders from the blue menu and any item with a "V" next to it is Vegan. I don't know where you can eat completely vegan and it does not cost more than your average restaurant! Then add in made from scratch on site, allergen free and vegan and it will cost more. Just read the menu first or listen to your counter waitstaff..it is really simple!

I will go back but.. - Edit

I didn't think the owners were the nicest. I felt as if they were slightly rude (maybe I'm overly sensitive but my husband and friend were also not impressed with them). The black bean burger was ok. My omni husband and friend loved their food and I can't wait to go back and try the vegan pizza! Their baked goods were amazing!!

very good - Edit

My family and I were on vacation in Maryland and decided to go to lunch here. The food was very good. Our children really liked their vegan grilled cheese sandwich and the vegan pizza we ordered was very good. The Vegan Black bean cheeseburger was good too. The desserts were wonderful (whoopie pie and ice cream cookie). Very vegan and gluten free friendly.

Pros: vegan freindly, gluten fee friendly, family friendly

Excellent Restaurant - Edit

The owners of this café are very helpful and conscientious about food allergies and preferences. Everything is clearly labeled as vegan, gluten free, etc. The pizza is very tasty as well as the desserts. This is definitely a great place to dine at.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday September 04, 2013

Pros: very friendly staff, great food, nice atmosphere

Good - Edit

I haven't had the chance to go to the restaurant yet, but a friend brought a gluten-free vegan pizza from there to a party that I attended. It was quite a yummy pizza! She and other friends who have been there are very pleased with the restaurant's vegan and gluten-free options. My understanding is that everything there is very clearly labeled and that the restaurant is very cautious about not cross-contaminating ingredients.

Pros: A lot of vegan options, Clearly labeled foods

Return to Ellicott City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has One Dish Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1654 times since Jun 2013.