ONDA

Contact 040-8386638

Toinen Linja 3, Helsinki, Finland, 00530

Serves meat, vegan options available. A chill-out, living-room style venue that offers lunch buffet and a la carte. Specializes in vegan and gluten free food. All wines are eco and vegan. Vegans please inquire about brunch. Is also a gallery, with monthly exhibitions. Open Mon-Tue 11:00am-7:00pm, Wed-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri 11:00am-11:00pm, Sat 11:30am-4:00pm. Saturday is a South American brunch only.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by henrikw

delicious brunch - Edit

I came here to have brunch with some friends. unfortunately they had messed up our reservation, but still squeezed us in and gave us sparkling wine as compensation (Thanks for that!).
the brunch was pricey (more than 20€), but SO worth it!!! most dishes were vegan, and all of those just plain delicious! they also had a vegan desert provided which was not convincing to me, but as i said, everything else was great and probably the best food I had so far in Finland!

Pros: most options at the brunch were vegan, all of the

Cons: expensive

Nice vegan brunch all day long - Edit

Onda has a nice brunch buffet on the weekends, with many vegan options and a latin american feel. All vegan options are clearly marked, as well and gluten and other allergens. The desserts were also very tasty. Could be made at least 100% vegetarian.

I did not try their a la carte, but it also seemed to have interesting vegan options.

Pros: Many nice vegan choices

Cons: Buffet serves meat/fish

Good place to visit in vegan or mixed company. - Edit

Visited this saturday and was pleaced with my expirience. The brunch buffet had plenty of vegan and gluten free options and the food was bit more ambitious than most other vegan/vegan friendly places of same price range in Helsinki. The dessert of mini mudcake squares was not vegan, but I was provided with vegan peanutbutter chocolat squares, when I asked them about it.

All the foods in the buffet were clearly labeled if they were vegan and if they weren't what animalproducts they contained. The gluten free options were also marked. The labels where in finnish, so if you can't speak finnish, ask help from the staff or come prepaired with some basic vegan vocabulary. For the gluten free folks out there, mind the differnce between "gluteeniton" = gluten free and "sis. gluteenia" or "sisältää gluteenia" = contains gluten.

The alacarte menu had several tempting vegan options. The nonvegan options were in the minority, but looked interesting enough to catch the eye of your possible the nonvegan companions. I think I will definitely come back to check out the alacarte dishes some day.

Pros: Abitious food., Plenty of vegan options., Nice interior.

Cons: Can get rather noisy due to the acoustics of the b, Can get rather noisy due to the acoustics of the b, The tables are bit too cramped together, so you mi

Super brunch! - Edit

I was going to Silvoplee for a Saturday lunch but on the way I saw this new place nearby and decided to pop in. And what a pleasant surprise it was. About 80 % of the food on the brunch table was vegan. Of course I had to try all of them and first time in my life, every item was delicious and had a really hard time choosing the second serving: all fresh, all with its own flavor. Amazing! Only dessert was non-vegan but after inquiring after vegan option, I was served a delicious vegan chocolate cake. And all for very reasonable price of 16 euros. The interior has a very communal feel to it, maybe not a place for a romantic evening.

Return to Helsinki Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has ONDA closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.