CLOSED: Omra Elias

004-0722665664

Strada Occidentului 11, Bucharest, Romania

Serves meat, vegan options available. Raw vegetarian and vegan soul food also available. Child-friendly. Reservations accepted. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Raw, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by irmavepkitty

Good Vegan Food in Bucharest - Edit

I can't say that Romania is the most vegan-friendly country I have traveled to, but I can say that the food I have had throughout the country has been good. I found this restaurant on HappyCow, and decided to try it out. I walked down an alley to the restaurant, and noticed a lovely courtyard with several tables. As I inspected the restaurant, I noticed an empty space upstairs. The owner told me that during the winter, they put tables up there, but during the warmer months, the upstairs space is used as a yoga studio.

I was given an English menu, and each dish was clearly marked either raw, vegan, vegetarian, or ovo.

I asked the owner which of the dishes were her favorites, and she recommended a few dishes that were suitable for vegans.

I ordered a hummous appetizer, and a mushroom dish. The hummous was good, and was served with toasted pita. The mushroom dish, which was served on a bed of seasoned rice was tasty, but was too salty for my taste. I ordered a raw chocolate cake for dessert, and this turned out to be the best of the 3 dishes I ordered. The base seemed to be nuts and banana, and coconut was sprinkled on top. With a very limited vegetarian/vegan restaurant selection in Bucharest, it is wonderful to find vegetarian restaurants like this one.

Fantastic - Edit

Delicious, well prepared, healthy food in a beautiful setting with prompt [considering the preparation time required for the dishes they serve] and pleasant service. Had an amazing meal for 2 hungry people for about 25 euros. Everything we had was great: quinoa with grilled veg, stuffed mushrooms, beetroottofu salad, and the cauliflower tapioca dish with potatoes was particularly good. They also have a great drink menu which includes lots of teas, kombucha, gingerade, and juices. We'll be going back tomorrow to try their raw cakes!

Pros: Quality\value, Deliciousness , Friendly\ helpful waiting staff

Recommended - Edit

A friend and I had dinner here last week. We were a little uncertain as the area looked a bid downtrodden (we arrived at dusk and were only in Bucharest one night so not enough time to look around properly to work out the 'right' places to go in the city), but once you go through the gate a lovely courtyard appears. We sat outside and over half the tabled were occupied. Very good fresh food was served and the friendly staff even took us on a tour of the building to show off the upstairs comfy cushions/chairs and massage areas.
Service was a bit slow, but apparently that is usual in Romania, plus there were only the two lads to make and serve the food. The varied menu was in English and clearly marked whether it was vegan/ovo/lacto. A very nice evening and I can definitely recommend this place. With the current exchange rate dinner was very cheap.

Pros: fresh, friendly staff

Return to Bucharest Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Omra Elias closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.