CLOSED: Omphale Gallery and Cafe

Contact 906-370-8956

431 5th St (at Pine St), Calumet, Michigan, USA, 49913

Serves meat, vegan options available. Located in a very remote area of the state. Cozy homey ambiance. Offers vegan and/or gluten free choices and many dishes can be made vegan. Try the beet burger. Gallery on premises. SHUT DOWN IN APR 2014 CONFIRMED BY ITS FB.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Non-veg

Contributions +55

Who Would Have Known That This Place Existed? - Edit

What a great cafe/gallery! The high ceilings, beautiful bar/counter and comfortable couches near the front windows make for a nice atmosphere and a variety of choices for seating. I really appreciated the fact that they offer gluten-free and vegan options and even a combination of gluten-free, vegan dishes. My beet burger was super yummy, and my partner's stir fry was delicious. The owner's daughter was our server. She was efficient and friendly. We will definitely make a point of eating at this hidden gem each time we visit Calumet.

The only reason that I did not give Omphale a five star rating is because they do serve a dishes that include dairy and meat products. As a vegan, I would love to see a meat and dairy-free menu.

Pros: yummy food, gluten-free options, friendly staff

Cons: too quiet

Has CLOSED: Omphale Gallery and Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 283 times since Jul 2012.