Omar's Rawtopia

Contact 801-486-0332

2148 S Highland Dr, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 84106

Raw food restaurant, opened since 2005. Everything is raw and organic plant food based with beverages, appetizers, main dishes, and desserts. All vegan except for honey. Mon-Thu 11:00am-8:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, All Raw

First Review by vboughner

All vegan except honey - Edit

I've never been to raw place with so many options. The menu was huge and everything States it is made with "love"...which is too funny. The broccoli soup was fabulous and perfectly seasoned. Save room for dessert!

Pros: Huge menu, Everything made with"love"

Cons: honey

Sooo Delicious - Edit

I went to Rawtopia with a medium sized group of family, and everyone loved the food. We all left feeling healthier and more energized, even if our wallets felt quite a bit lighter as a result. The food was definitely worth the price, and the staff was very nice and helpful when it came to controlling and entertaining a toddler in our party. Although we had the option to sit inside, it was nice outside, so we sat on their quiet and peaceful patio.

Pros: Great food, nice staff, quiet outdoor seating

Cons: Pricey

Raw Foodie Heaven!.......(but pricey) - Edit

I had the pleasure of eating here for lunch today. Omar's is located across the street on from the Whole Foods store on Highland Drive. It is a bit tricky to find, but worth a bit of wandering. I was greeted right away after entering by the friendly staff. The restaurant is small, but nicely decorated and has a warm and relaxing feel to it. I ordered their "Hummus/Tabouli Bite" off the appetizer menu, and "Chocolate Super-Food Fudge Ball" off of the dessert menu. All their food is raw here, and vegan, except for the use of local honey in a few of the offerings. Ingredients are listed in the menu, and the staff are great if you have questions. Since I'm vegan, I double checked that what I ordered did not include honey. They emphasize that their food is made with "patience, peace love" and takes days to prepare. My food was fresh, vibrant, and delicious. The portions were small, so I savored every bite. The fudge ball was $3.50 and was about the size of a golf ball. The description on the menu said "Tastes exactly like Fudge!" I don't agree with this description, because it was better than any fudge I've ever had in my life (and I've eaten a lot of fudge!) Maybe it was the love I could taste :-) This is not a place I would take kids, but I would certainly go back here for a fresh and healthy meal for myself or on a date night. I may go back just for another fudge ball - it was that good!

Pros: Raw, fresh, delicious food, Friendly staff, Patience, peace, and love as ingredients

Cons: (if vegan:) Use of honey in a few items, Pricey

I love Omar's! - Edit

Omar's is an intimate cafe, centrally located in Salt Lake's Sugarhouse district. Their delicious and creative dishes are all raw and organic. The Asia salad is one of my favourites! I always come away feeling satisfied, energized, and yet not over-stuffed.

Their beverages are fabulous, and very rich. Luckily, they provide half-servings which is perfect.

I've brought meat-eating friends with me, and even they, have thoroughly enjoyed Omar's! I highly recommend this wonderful restaurant!

Pros: declicious food, organic food, raw food

Cons: a little pricey

Rawtopia - Edit

This is my favorite place to eat raw foods. The atmosphere is intimate and quiet but it doesn't stop large groups from showing up and contributing to a liveliness that I prefer. Omar is very friendly and he truly makes his food with love. The coconut rice, pasta, and bean burrito are delicious and some of my favorites! Most importantly, it's local, live, and organic/sustainable food. Delicious!

Pros: Healthy eating, Organic foods, Supports local farmers

Raw virginity gone!! lol - Edit

Im new to raw living cuisine, so I thought this would be a good place to get my first taste. I thought the food was delishh!! :) however it was pricey, but that is expected. I also happened to come on a presentation night, so it was a little crowded so the staff had their hands full. Either way Ill definitely be going back in the future, good food! :)

Pros: Cozy, Great Atmosphere, Tasty, and healthy!

Cons: Pricey, Small, Small Portions

First experience with raw food - Edit

I noticed Rawtopia because it is next to a yoga studio that I go to occasionally. I'd never tried raw food but being a vegetarian for 10+ years I thought it sounded intriguing. The smell as you enter the restaurant is so amazing. I just smells... alive and clean and good. The food is pricey but always excellent. The service has never been anything less than perfect. I can't NOT go there after every yoga class.

Pros: Atmosphere, Food, Service

Cons: Expensive

i liked it - Edit

i love raw food. and living cuisine was pretty good. some friends and i went there and shared a couple entrees and a dessert. the pizza had the best sauce i've ever tasted. the falafel salad was good. the bean burrito was hefty and good. the chocolate fruit dessert was delicious. we all liked different things the best, so i think it is good for a variety of people's tastes. everything is Lebanese inspired, raw, and vegan.

a little pricey, but a good deal if two people share the two entree combo ($16-18). there is enough to feed two people on that.

the owner is almost always in there and is extra friendly.

Pros: vegan, friendly staff

super yummy! - Edit

The food was super awesomely yummy!! We had several people so ordered several things to share. Everything was really flavourful and delicately perfected. The spicy curry nori rolls were the best...we ordered an extra, with extra sauce.
Omar and his staff were very friendly and made our experience that much better.
I highly recommend this raw food joint if you are in Salt Lake city!!

Pros: Delicious food, Great selection, Friendly Staff

Great raw food and great people - Edit

My wife and I were passing through Salt Lake City, having just attended a raw foods expo in California, and we made it a point to drop in to sample their fare. Simply put, their food is fabulous. Also, it's always a treat to find friendly, helpful people and the owner and staff are all just great. We didn't know exactly where the street address would be, but it turned out to be easy enough to find. Their entrance is on the side of the building which is across the street from Whole Foods.

Omar Living Cuisine - Edit

My husband and I finally made it to Omar Living Cuisine and we were very pleased with our meals and the service. The staff was very friendly and the food was exceptional. The seasoning of the food was great. We were very satified and didn't feel stuffed. My husband and I really enjoyed our meal greatly. We will definitely be going back to Omar's again and again.

healthy food - Edit

The food is awesome, its delicous, the servings sizes are good (maybe a little to big), and it is all raw, you feel good after eating it. The people that work there are very nice and accomodating, the owner is one of the friendliest people i have ever met. The service is rather slow but it is just part of the atmosphere, you gotta love it. I sure do!

Cons: slow

Great Vibe, Tasty Food - Edit

I called them 10 minutes after they had already closed on a Tuesday night (hours were noon to 8pm) and they kindly offered to make me a to-go order that I could drive over and pick up. I was hoping for great raw food, and yet I received so much more. When I arrived, Omar (the owner) saw me and made it a point to chat with me. His intensity and energy are high, and the vibe in the place is very positive, I regret I didn't get there earlier so I could have eaten in. The falafel bowl was great, I can tell it was made with love, and the kiwi raspberry pie special was amazing. I felt great after eating. Meeting Omar inspired me to open myself up to more experiences and take more chances meeting people, so that perhaps I too can learn how to pass that kind of energy on to other people.

Return to Salt Lake City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Omar's Rawtopia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5719 times since Aug 2007.