O'Mamma Mia

Contact 087288866

Kungstensgatan 60, Stockholm, Sweden, 113 29

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizza restaurant where you will be able to get different kinds of vegan pizzas. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Ida Maria

A great selection of vegan pizzas. - Edit

We went there because we read about the huge selection of vegan pizzas. We were not disappointed. There are over 30 vegan choices. Their meats and cheeses are homemade. Our pizzas were delicious and came out quickly. You will not be disappointed.

Pros: Many vegan options, Romantic ambiance, Moderately priced

Cons: Out of the way

pizza - Edit

We had heard great things about the vegan options at O'Mamma Mia so with much excitement we travelled far to try it out. Upon arriving we were met with a fairly busy restaurant and everyone looked like they were enjoying their food despite the lack of much atmosphere. We were then approached by an older man working there who realised we were English and gave us an English menu which was very helpful. The vegan options were not clearly shown on the menu offered to us so we repeatedly asked for the vegan menu or what the vegan options where. The man said that they do not do vegan food so we tried to explain what we meant (no animal products) but he insisted that they did not do vegan food. Therefore we left with no food and would sadly not recommend this place for vegan pizza or good service.

2 Responses

KaffeMyers 16 Feb 2017 - Just wish to point out that there probably is a mixup here. There are two restaurants named Mamma Mia. One named O'Mamma Mia near Odenplan, one named Oh Mamma Mia in Hammarby Sjöstad. The one near Odenplan got a massive vegan pizza menu, the other one I have no experience with. I think the only real con regarding the Odeplan place, besides not being an all vegan pizza place, is that it is fairly pricey. Besides that, good selection and decent service. As a vegan friendly place, I'd say it deserves anything between 3 and 4 stars. :)

DanSpencer 07 Mar 2017 - You definitely went to the wrong restaurant. I went there a few days ago and there are over 30 vegan pizza choices available and they were all delicious. I hope people ignore your review.

Amazing pizza! - Edit

Im surprised no one has reviewed this resto yet! They have a humongous selection of vegan pizzas, made with faux meats and vegan mozzarella. All pizzas are prepared in a stone oven. I absolutely loved the vegan kebab pizza! also had a bite of the curry banana pizza, yum. Grest selection of beers to go with the pizzas. Must visit in Stockholm!

Pros: Extensive selection of vegan choices, Yummy vegan mozzarella

Cons: Closes at 21:00

Vegan pizza but curb your enthusiasm - Edit

Classically decorated pizza restaurant a bit off downtown but still pretty good to arrive at. The furnishing is ageing, but there is still enough comfort.
Notably long list of vegan pizzas is impressive and worthy of acknowledgment. I had a vegan capricciosa (with vegan cheese, vegan ham and mushrooms) and a a Swedish draught beer. The beer was excellent whereas the pizza dashed my expectations. Dough and sauce were top, however, the toppings couldn't really convince me. Whilst the mock ham looked not very appealing, it actually tasted quite good; yet the vegan cheese was the main disappointment - I have seen (and eaten) several better ones. It isn't bad, but it has this weirdly artificial texture and taste.
Service was average, prices were OK for Stockholm. All in all nothing to jump for joy for, I give them credit for their extensive vegan menu though. That doesn't hide the fact that they still do serve lots of meat.
O'Mamma Mia isn't bad by any means, just go there with modest expectations.

Best vegan pizza I've eaten! - Edit

Cozy place, with the best and fattiest vegan pizza I've come across so far. Especially Azteka och whatever it's called (Mexico inpired) is great ...

Pros: Cosy booths to sit in, to make out., Friendly and vegan interested staff.

Cons: Has meat in the menus ...

Proper vegan pizza - Edit

I've not had a vegan cheese pizza since going vegan 18months ago and I was not disappointed!
The Mexican pizza I had was delicious, extremely filling and the cheese was excellent, I asked he staff where they get it from and apparently its Greek.

Very reasonably priced with so many choices for vegans, vegetarians and meat eaters.

The menu is in Swedish but the staff kindly translated the toppings on the pizza I was interested in, they are not fluent in English but were very helpful :)

The restaurant is a 15min walk from the palace and central areas.

Pros: Vegan cheese!, Huge vegan pizza list, Price

Cons: No English menu, Location

Great pizzas, weakening image - Edit

I have eaten here couple of times. Since it is the first pizzeria where I have had a decent vegan pizza and thus felt myself like a customer worth serving for, O' Mamma Mia has a special place in my heart. I really like their pizzas.

But. When I first visited here, vegans had their own menu. Meat version was to be asked from the staff. Lately this has changed. One has to browse across the usual meat pizza menu to find the vegan pages. There are now several pizzerias in Stockholm serving good vegan pizzas. So to keep up with the competition, I strongly advice O' Mamma Mia to hold on their vegan customers.

Pros: Good pizzas, Large selection

Cons: Not vegan place, Vegans not a priority anymore

Good calzone! - Edit

This place has the decor of a traditional Italian pizzeria, and a menu with a good vegan section. I had the vegan calzone and really enjoyed it. The service was fast and friendly. For tourists, it's a bit far from the main drag though.

Vegan Pizza - Edit

Yesterday me and my daughter went to O'Mamma Mia's pizzeria. I had a vegan Calzone and my daughter had a vegan Quattro Stagione. Let's just say that her pizza was a lot better than mine. If you go there, take veggies only on an openly baked pizza. The cheese was OK, but it leaves your stomach feeling bloated.

Pros: The atmosphere

Cons: Service, Coffee

That Was Pretty Mediocre - Edit

Today I went to the veg-friendly restaurant O'Mamma Mia in Stockholm with my mother and when we had finished our pizzas (I had a vegan Quattro Stagioni while my mother had a vegan Calzone), we both said 'that was pretty mediocre'.
The atmosphere was pretty typical for a pizzeria with a bunch of randomly picked out paintings and photos hanging on the walls and some silly 70's and 80's music playing in the background, which neither one of us really minded.
The reviews on HappyCow had led me to believe and expect the staff to be absolutely lovely, which they, or rather he, wasn't. There was one staff member available who didn't smile once and who wasn't very attentive to the customers. He didn't wash his hands, he didn't use gloves and he wasn't wearing a hairnet (despite his long hair) which seemed a bit unhygenic.
The food itself didn't taste bad per se (with the exception of the fake ham, but that's probably more about personal preference than bad food), however, I wasn't a big fan of the fake cheese, it was just really sticky and messy, it made the pizza hard to eat since it stuck to the plate and the cutlery and wouldn't come off. On the positive side, the food satisfied my hunger, I wasn't able to finish it all. I enjoyed their pizza salad and I thought it was great that they had more than twenty alternative pizzas for vegans. To finish this review up, I think that the guy working in the pizzeria working all alone was just having a bad day. I'm sure they usually do have an interest in serving vegans, otherwise they wouldn't have so many pizzas made specifically for them. I wouldn't advice people to stay away from this place, but at the same time I wouldn't recommend anyone to visit it. It was all right, but I don't want to visit again after my personal experience with O'Mamma Mia.
Updated from previous review on Saturday January 31, 2015

Pros: Nice atmosphere, enjoyable pizza salad, a lot of vegan alternatives (20+).

Cons: Staff wasn't too friendly, the food was 'messy', somewhat unhygenic staff.

Great vegan pizzas! - Edit

I love this pizza place. The menu has over 20 vegan pizzas to chose amoung, so I never get tired of going there. Nice atmosphere and good beer.

Pros: good variety, nice staff, atmosphere

great pizzas, not so great prices - Edit

My favorite pizza place in stockholm! Great vegan menu that's updated with new and exciting ones pretty often and the pizzas really are great! The prices are way the expensive though, and always sad to see the vegan pizzas so much more expensive than their "ordinary" ones.

They where second but really first - Edit

This was where the first maker of vegan pizza got to when the first resturant closed, and when they started they where alone.

They have been exprimenting with what kind of vegan cheese to use through the years and does offer a wide variation which is awesome.

However the pizzas are way to small and I never get satisfied when I get there, and it is no where close to what is avalible in other countrys. I personaly rank this as the second best vegan pizza in Stockholm.

You might also notice varying quality depending on who is makeing the pizza. So therefor one visit is not enough for you to make your own valid tasteing.

They also have great respect for vegans, and maybe a bit less for non-vegans as when I was there for lunch with my father is un-vegan food was frozen when servedb

Pros: big variety, respect

Cons: small pizzas

Great place for vegan pizzas - Edit

To my knowledge, it is till the only pizza place in Stockholm that offers vegan pizzas on menu (and does it with great variety).
I visit this place often, and I am always satisfied with the food, whatver vegan pizza I choose.

Pros: many choices of pizzas, delicious

Cons: location (far from main visiting places)

Return to Stockholm Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has O'Mamma Mia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.