CLOSED: Om Prana

Contact 581-742-9742

241 Rue Saint-Joseph, Quebec, Quebec, Canada, G1K 3B1

A mostly raw vegan restaurant located inside a holistic center in the area known as Nouvo St-Rock. Yoga and meditation classes on premises. CONFIRMED CLOSED, NOV 2016. Open Mon-Sat 10:00am-7:00pm, Sun 11:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by booya

Best vegan cheeseburger ever - Edit

We went for a weekend to Quebec City. Om Prana was just 5 minutes walk from our hotel. After we tried their vegan cheese burger, we went back and ordered it again. It is the best vegan burger I have ever tried. I also recommend their Key lime pie.

The staff is really friendly, helpful and they really did their best to make us feel special.

Pros: Friendly staff, Fresh food & ready to take out options, Good selection of delicious healthy food

Nice for a quick lunch - Edit

I had a hot panini and my friend had a Buddha bowl. Both of us had juices. The food was OK but not that amazing, although the juices were very good. The place is a tiny one so you might have to wait to be seated, but I think you can also take your food to go.

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-01

Pros: Affordable, Great juices, Has a store in which you can find food and books

Cons: Little place

Delicious - Edit

So we were going to Quebec for a museum expo and I thought at the last second before leaving to look for a vegan restaurant nearby. I chose Om Prana because it was seemingly the only vegan one. We got there and a very friendly woman working there explained the menu to us since we looked a bit clueless.

The menu is written below the long counter where they prepare food and on the walls behind. You order at the counter and then they bring the food to your table. That's not my favourite restaurant setting, because I like to take my time to choose and read the menu while sitting, but it's no biggie.

The food was delish. We were 4 and I tasted each plate, and each tasted good. First I had the crackers and (cashew) cheese, the crackers look weird but they're quite tasty and the cheese is 98% like cream cheese. Then I had the pizza, which also looked weird (raw food oblige?) but tasted pretty damn good. The tofu burger is okay, not my favourite, but I didn't have a proper bite of it so maybe that's the problem. It was the best-looking meal of the 4, but it was the least tasty (to me), funny! The shiva burger is awesome. It tastes fresh and mayo-ey and just delicious. If I can go there again, that's what I'll order. Then I had a slice of cheesecake with strawberry coulis. This was pure heaven. The coulis was finger-lickin'-licious and the cheesecake was light and nicely tart. As soon as I finished it (on the way home), I regretted not having bought 2 slices. My boyfriend had the chocolate mousse and really enjoyed it, which is weird, because he hates banana in desserts and it really tasted of barely-ripe banana.

All in all, an extremely satisfying experience. Price-wise, it may seem a bit much for the amount you get (for ex., I think I paid 5.99 for the small-ish slice of cheesecake), but you're paying for the amazing taste and quality (+freshness). Friendly staff, inviting venue, good stuff!

Updated from previous review on 2014-07-20

Pros: Food is amazeballs, Staff is really friendly, Takeout/Ready to eat available

Cons: Sitting area a bit untidy/small, Have to stand to read menu, Noisy (busy street right out the window)

A faire absolument - Edit

Parmi les quelques places Vegan de Québec, c'est le hasard qui nous a mené ici et on le remercie fortement !

C’était absolument délicieux et pourtant nous sommes des habitués des restaus Végé de Montréal (Aux Vivres, Crudessence, lola rosa etc).

Le choix est plutôt large, nous avons pris des salades, le végé burger, les lasagnes (crues), tout était frais, très bien présenté et surtout succulent !

L'endroit est très agréable, entre le restau et l'epicerie fine bio, les madames qui nous ont servis hyper accueillantes, bref, nous avons rarement aussi bien mangé et les prix sont tout à fait correct !

Je conseille vivement

Love It! - Edit

I love this place! The food is fresh, creative and tasty. It is such a welcome addition to Quebec's downtown ecosystem.

My favorites: the Yogini sandwich, the vegan lasagna and the Key lime pie.

Its health food store has become quite essential to me.

On top of it, these are great people. Love it!

Pros: Great, vegan, tasty food, fair price., Good service, food tips., Products I don't find elsewhere in town.

The only vegan spot in the city - Edit

I was excited to visited the only vegan restaurant in Quebec City. Ôm Prana is mostly raw, but it offers a few cooked items. I went for the cooked soup of the day, which was pretty good, except for the sprouted mung beans on top (I'm not a fan). I also ordered the zucchini noodles with pesto, which were refreshing with nice bites of sun-dried tomatoes. I ended the meal with a decent chocolate mousse.

And I was able to grab a few Vromages, an artisan vegan cheese only available in Quebec city, as well as homemade kombucha (sweetend with stevia) and other sweet treats.

Pros: Friendly service, Fresh ingredients, Nice location

Cons: Non-vegan items in the grocery aisle

Delicious raw Burgers and tarts ! - Edit

Un endroit cru/végane très sympa où il fait bon déjeuner à n’importe quelle heure ! Nous avons eu des salades et un excellent hamburger, et j’ai pour la première fois pu gouter à la tarte lime/avocat, délicieuse, crémeuse à souhait. Dommage que je n’ai pas pu y retourner pour la tarte rose. J’ai simplement été déçue d’y trouver des produits non véganes (contenant du miel) et portant un logo « vegan » ! Comme quoi il faut toujours examiner les étiquettes…

Nice place to have a break. Mostly vegan and raw but sells non vegan products.
I was quite disappointed to find non vegan product in this place, especially a brand of cosmetics labelled “vegan” and containing bee’s products.
However we had a very tasty and healthy meal here, I personally choose a raw hamburger and a yummy avocado lime tart, smooth and creamy..

Pros: Raw and healthy, Tasty and fresh, Opening hours

Cons: few choices, non vegan products at the shop

Great vegan restaurant.... - Edit

One of the rare vegan restaurants in Quebec City....this restaurant type should be changed from vegetarian to vegan on happy cow. It's mostly all raw. The buckwheat burger and pizza are insanely great. Also loved the chocolate smoothie and the sushi roll. They make everything to order. They had a small market type of area as well with come vegan bars, etc. I loved it. The woman behind the counter was very friendly and nice. I recommend trying it.

Pros: Food quality, Food selection

Return to Quebec Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Om Prana closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.