Om Cafe

Contact 513-381-3436

329 Ludlow Ave (at Clifton Ave), Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, 45220

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe attached to the Aquarius Star store, in the historic Clifton Gaslight District. Grows its own organic produce. Offers direct trade organic coffee, fair trade and organic tea. Free Wi-Fi. Mon-Thu 8:30am-8:00pm, Fri 8:30am-11:00pm, Sat 9:00am-11:00pm, Sun 9:00am-6:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, International, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by anaveryisland

disappointed - Edit

I went there hoping they'd have decent vegan options for Sunday brunch. The only thing they had was an African Curry Stew that said on the menu "make it vegan." To make it vegan, meant leaving off the poached egg and the buttermilk biscuit. They charged $10 for this bowl of soup. The soup itself was good, but certainly not worth $10. I mentioned something to the server, she said she'd talk to the manager. They ended up charging us $7 for the soup. We had a side of potatoes, which they made especially for us without the butter. That was $3.50 for the side of potatoes. The server was nice and friendly, there was a band playing jazz on Sunday morning, which was pleasant, although a little bit loud. Doubt I would go there again, even though they took six dollars off of the bill, for the two of us.

Pros: Nice atmosphere

Cons: very expensive for what you get, very limited options

s'ok - Edit

i have gone here twice- once to shop around in the front section which has a wide selection- although expensive (paid 6 bucks for a tea ball). i went again recently- my friend has just turned vegan and we went to this establishment in hopes to find something tasty. my friend ended up ordering a blacken tofu wrap that tasted great but she couldn't eat it because of the spice level. i ordered a vegetarian wrap that tasted good and chai latte that was okay. the only real complaint was our wait. i may find myself over here again but i will not be going out of my way.

Pros: great atmosphere , cool art and jewlery, nice selection of loose tea

Eclectic combo:gifts, spiritual, jewelry, coffees - Edit

Comfy, hOMey, place to meet up with friends for snack, meal or just coffee. Lots of interesting music on weekends. Friendly service. Some vegan choices, many vegetarian ones. Local, family run operation that caters to their clientele nicely.

Pros: Comfy, Local, Eclectic gifts

Cons: not a lot of vegan options

It's okay. - Edit

I really hate to say it- but for a vegan, this place is kind of bland. I got the taco salad, which was okay, but way too expensive for what I got. We also got the hummus appetizer, which was really oily, and served with white bread. They don't have a juice bar, and the smoothies are made with either juice (with sugar in it or soymilk). I guess if you aren't eating for health & flavor in mind, it's fine, but because they use the word "conscience" so many times, I guess I assumed it would be healthier. Unfortunately, I won't be going back. I tried it twice, and I really wanted to like it! I drove about 30 min to try it again! :)

Pros: In a store

Cons: Pricey, Not many Vegan options

Return to Cincinnati Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Om Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2201 times since Jun 2011.