Oliver Maki

+442077340408

33 Dean St, London, England, W1D 4PW

Serves meat, vegan options available. A fusion, Japanese and sushi restaurant right in the heart of Soho. Has a specific vegan-only menu with interesting choices. Open Mon-Fri 12:00pm-3:00pm, Mon-Thu 6:00pm-11:30pm, Fri 6:00pm-11:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-12:00am, Sun 12:00pm-10:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Japanese, Beer/Wine, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by KarimKanfoudi

One of my favourite restaurants - Edit

Great place to take non-vegetarian friends. The food is amazing, as well as the atmosphere and decor.

They have a clear vegetarian/vegan menu with clearly marked vegan dishes and excellent cocktails as well.

Not vegan friendly - Edit

The menu does not specify vegan from vegetarian, and our server was not in possession of the knowledge of what what vegan or not, so had to ask the chef. Tofu, a vegan staple, is all fried in fish oil. When I asked about 'veganising' dishes he said it could be done but x and y would be taken away and it would lack flavour. Disappointing Happy Cow pointed towards this as being a good option for vegans.
Supposedly a high class restaurant (just look at the prices) so I wanted to explore some interesting well balanced dishes, but the experience I got was 'you can't have this, or this, or this'
I got a veganised selection box in the end, which came with miso soup, but the server brought it out and gave it to my (non-vegan) dining partner as he said I couldn't have it because it has fish stock in. Why wasn't this told to me before ordering?
Left disappointed and with a much lighter wallet for the privilege.

Exquisite japanese - Edit

The restaurant has a Vegan dedicated menu which can be found on the interactive iPad menu. There are certainly options as a vegan but be aware this place is quite expensive.

I found the staff really helpful and I was served by a vegan lady who was fully aware and understanding in what they offer and use in their menu/food.

I recommend this place for special occasions.

Pros: Vegan menu, Detail

Cons: Price, No Vegan desert besides fruit

Return to London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Oliver Maki closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.