Olive et Gourmando

Contact 514-350-1083

351 Rue Saint-Paul O (at Rue Saint Pierre), Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H2Y 2A7

Serves meat, vegan options available. Little lunch and sandwich bar with an eclectic menu. Go early for lunch as the little dining room fills quickly. Try the viva la vegan sandwich, fresh salads, and pastries. Owned and operated by the people who bake and do menu planning.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Kind Cindy

bad service, ok food - Edit

I (tried to) order the vegan sandwich, at not a very busy hour in this restaurant. Took forever with the girl at the register as she was tapping away at the screen for a solid 5 minutes as I stood right in front of her, she did not acknowledge me or say sorry something is wrong or just a minute or let me know what was going on. Just ignored me. Then finally I ordered the vegan sandwich, which she punched in then walked away and was just talking to the other staff. Not letting anyone know to grab the already made sandwich. Just spent a lot of time standing around waiting for something to happen. Then she finally 'let' me pay and asked the other staff to go grab the sandwich. Anyways, they only had half a small vegan sandwich left that cost $6. It was pretty good but not sure I would go back based on the service, pretty lame to be standing around waiting with no idea why they are taking their time or not giving a shit about their customers!

Aussi beau que bon - Edit

Un des seuls cafés du Vieux Port accueillant et proposant des options végé intéressantes. Il faut faire attention car la plupart des pâtisseries ne sont pas vegan.
Leur sandwich Viva La Vegan est simplement délicieux et nourissant!
L'ambiance animée peut en décourager certains, mais il faut y aller au moins une fois dans sa vie.

Outstanding lunch! - Edit

While not a vegetarian restaurant, this vegan had an amazing experience at Olive et Gourmando. There was a line up, and we had to wait, but it was worth it. This cafe had such a great atmosphere. The service was top-notch, and I loved the music. I told the staff at the order counter that I was vegan, and she directed me to all my alternatives. I chose one of the salads, which was full of surprises, delish, delish, delish. Vegan options are limited, but the atmosphere and salad were worth it!

Pros: Great atmosphere, Friendly staff

Cons: Few vegan options

Not a vegan destination - Edit

Seems like it might be ok for Vegetarians but not really for vegans. Heard about all the baked goods and coffee so I swung by there in the morning to get some breakfast only to find out that there were no vegan options. I decided to get a Chai Latte with soy for me and a Cafe Latte with soy for my gf. The chai was terrible. I ordered a large for both and they were the size of a small coffee cup you get in your hotel room yet cost almost $5 each. It took a solid 10-12 minutes for them to be made even though I was the only one who had ordered anything while I was standing there. The place was packed and parking is super scarce (this was on a random thursday morning). Maybe the vegan sandwich is good but just be aware that seems to be the only option.

Pros: Nice atmosphere

Cons: No Parking, Slow Service, Almost no vegan options

Delicious! - Edit

We only stopped in for bakery goods and their home-made tea infusions, but really loved all of it. I had the cherry-ginger scone with one of the fruit-tea drinks. It is expensive, but a very nice treat on the train to Quebec City!

Good food, but... - Edit

We went there for lunch on a Saturday at noon, and put our name down. The wait was 20 minutes. Once we got inside we were shown our table and told to wait in line to order our food at the deli counter. We ordered and were told the food would be brought to use. The paninis we ordered were excellent! My boyfriend had the vegan, which looked really good. Once finished, we were instructed to wait in a new line to pay at the cashier. This took another ten minutes since the place was packed. If you have time to kill it's definitely worth the visit. It's clear the owners want you to take the food out and not sit and eat, but their concept for waiting in three lines is a little silly. Also bring cash, they don't take credit cards

Pros: Food, Ambiance

Cons: Ordering , Payments setup

Fresh and Yummy - Edit

This is a great spot nestled in the Old Port of Montreal. They have vegan options clearly marked on their menu and many salads are vegan or can be made vegan. A raw vegan friend of mine even says that if she calls ahead, they can often accommodate her by making something special. A very nice spot to have coffee and a pastry too.

Pros: Charming, Vegan options

Cons: Very small dining room

Return to Montreal Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Olive et Gourmando closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2363 times since Jan 2011.