Olive and Ruby Cafe

604-801-9600

2839 W Broadway , Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V6K 2G6

Vegetarian cafe that opened in Vancouver's Kitsilano neighborhood Fall of 2016. Serves smoothies, fruit bowls, toasts and sandwiches, some of which are vegan; please inquire. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-6:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-5:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Juice bar

First Review by Ale_xandra

vegan options and beautiful space - Edit

This place has a small menu but the items are flavourful and fresh. The place itself is really cozy and modern with lots of plants, white space and large live-edge wood tables. It seems to be a favourite for people to sit on their laptops so the few spots fill quickly.

*One note though - one item was marked 'V' denoting vegan though it should have said 'VO' denoting vegan option (as it has dairy cheese but a vegan cheese can be subbed). I wrote an email to them and never heard back and it hasn't been changed. It is correct online though - so maybe confirm when you order if items are vegan if they have cheese in them.

Pros: great vegan options, wifi, beautiful space

Cons: double check items marked vegan, small space can fill quickly

Cozy new spot! - Edit

My first two experiences with Olive and Ruby so far hasn't blown me away. I have never tried anything from their food menu, I've just had their coffee and smoothies. The service was decent but nothing special and so was the smoothie I had. It had chunks of fruit the size of golf balls. I'm really not too picky with my smoothies and I appreciate how fresh their fruit is but this was a bit ridiculous. Overall the atmosphere was really cozy but I'm a little uncertain about this place.

Pros: coffee

Cons: not 100% vegan, chunky smoothie

Return to Vancouver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Olive and Ruby Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.