O'Learys - Karl Johan

+47-22332040

Karl Johans Gate 33B, Oslo, Norway

Serves meat, vegan options available. Sports bar and grill chain. Has oumph (pea-based mix) and soy products for vegan burger, nachos, faijitas, quesadilla, among other options. Specify vegan.

Categories: Lacto, American, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Patrayray

Definitely will NOT return - Edit

Three of us went here on a Sunday evening for the Oomph meals and they were out of Oomph. It was bad enough that they ran out of a frozen ingredient, but the server failed to mention it to us until after he had brought us our drinks. We asked if the drinks would be discounted or free since we would not be able to eat dinner and he incredulously said they would not. His argument was that he could not inform customers of every menu item that was not available.
When asked how many menu items were not available he said it was just the Oomph.
When asked if he would tell customers if they had run out of hamburger he emphatically said he would.
Throughout the conversation he was dismissive, argumentative, and clearly annoyed that we did not appreciate having our time and money wasted.
I applaud the company's decision to add multiple vegetarian items to the menu, but there are plenty of other options nearby with veg options and servers who actually care about the customers.

Pros: Seated quickly

Cons: Menu items unavailable, Terrible service

No vegan menu during summer? - Edit

Dragged my carnivore family members here so that we could get the best of both worlds: sports bar with vegan menu and plenty of meat options. Like everything in Oslo, this place was pricey, and when I asked to see the vegan menu he told me they weren't making vegan items for the season. I don't have details on when that's coming back but it was disappointing to go there for that purpose and have to beg them to make me a veggie burger, which they did. The veggie burger and other items we ordered were a little below average, the type of food you can get at any American food chain like Hard Rock or TGIF. Disappointing, would not go again.

Pros: Made me a veggie burger

Cons: No vegan options on the menu (this season?), Expensive, Food was just not very good

Return to Oslo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has O'Learys - Karl Johan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.