Old House

( 1 review )

Pyrgos Psilonerou 43, Crete, Greece, 73014

Vegetarian and vegan breakfast and lunch restaurant. Menu changes daily. Poolside or bar seating. Open Mon-Sun 8:30am-5:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Take-out, European

1 Review

First Review by AmyJoyVegan

Delightful find by the sea in Crete - Edit

My spouse and I are staying in Chania for a week and decided to go exploring (by car) today. We thought we would check out a fairly new vegetarian restaurant that was about 10 Km away. The Old House was amazing! Food was great, plentiful, well-conceived, and delicious. We had Tahini salad, a felafel and hummus plate, chickpeas in coconut sauce (on the recommendation of the proprietor)...which was a tasty curry with chickpeas and broccoli and a special Chinese noodles with stir-fried vegetables dish. We were also served lovely bread, olives and two dips--fresh tomato with oregano and EVOO with smashed garlic as well as a lovely fruit plate for dessert. We ordered more than we could eat and took some back to the flat where we are staying. We will get two additional delicious meals out of it. It is a daytime only place--breakfast and lunch--and is worth the trek. Enjoy!

Pros: Fresh, creative and tasty food!, Numerous vegan options available, Very friendly and helpful female owner and host

Return to Crete Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Old House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.