Old Corner

Contact +46-31-841700

Artillerigatan 14, Gothenburg, Sweden, 41503

Serves meat, vegan options available. Very vegan friendly restaurant that has a separate vegan menu that offers 16 different pizza, 6 a la carte dishes, 5 pasta dishes, 5 salads, and 2 ice cream desserts. There are also vegan drinks in the bar. Pub-like atmosphere. Mon-Fri 11:00am-2:00am Kitchen closes 10pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Pizza, Italian, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Fanny

Disappointing - Edit

We expected more after good reviews. The service was slow, the food was not properly prepared (unfried 'fries') and the burger bread was dry. Very long waiting times despite not many other eating there. We ate during evening time and the waiter seemed to be drunk/drinking with the regulars, who also were really loud and the women of our group were stared at. It wasn't a pleasant or welcoming experience. Additionally our orders were forgotten (by this same drunken waiter) and then later tried to charge us for them.

Pros: Vegan alternatives

Cons: Unprofessional service, quality of the food, haras

NICE - Edit

Great vegan menu with some genuinely exciting stuff you can't find anywhere else! Been there several times, always a treat. Only negative is the rather cheap tasting béarnaise-sauce on the pizzas that feature that, really needs some work. Otherwise an amazing place! :)

vegan Kebabpizza! best in town - Edit

For fast food this is the place for a vegan, too bad it's not close to where i live.

Pros: best vegan pizza, great vegan kebab, cheap

Cons: far from city center, unhealthy

Awesome pizza - Edit

This is probably my favourite pizza place in Gotheburg. Extremely nice staff, not too expensive, serves beer and has a good enough atmosphere. Very good selection of vegan food with a wide variety of pizzas. They recently changed their cheese to Violife(?) which improved the pizzas even further. This is for sure a perfect reason to take the tram to SKF!

Small portions, but still expensive - Edit

Has become more of a "fine dining" place. Same prices as earlier, but smaller portions and fancier plating. Really good, but we had to go fill up our stomachs right after a meal here.

Pros: great food, friendly staff, nice atmosphere

Cons: extremely small portions, expensive

Visited on 25th September 2012. The tram stop you need is SKF, not Ejdergatan as mentioned in the previous review - but it is visible from the stop. The vegan menu on offer here is simply out of this world, better than many pure vegan restaurants I have visited. My girlfriend had the Capricciosa pizza, I was brave and had the Kebabish. I'm salivating sitting here in London two and a half weeks later writing and thinking about it! The place itself is a bar and restaurant that is very cosy and friendly. The man responsible for the vegan menu at Old Corner is Jonsborg of Jonsborg's Taco in the centre of town. He happened to be having a drink on the night that my girlfriend and I visited and the waitress insisted that we met him. He was a very cool guy and his passion for vegan food is an inspiration, we promised to visit Jonsborg's Taco the following day (see separate review). If you are in Goteborg please visit this place, it's well worth the trek!! I wish I could give it 5 cows or more!!

Pros: Best Vegan Pizza in the World, Ever!!!, Huge Vegan Menu, Friendly, cosy, good beer

Yummy pizza - Edit

We had 3 lovely pizzas here on our recent trip to Gothenburg, and although I'm happy enough to just eat vegetable pizzas, it was great to try something different for a change. I had mock 'ham' and mushroom pizza, and the others in the group had a mexicana pizza (involved soy chilli & jalepenos) and a wild west pizza (bbq sauce, mock 'ham', mock 'pepperoni'). The food was really tasty and inexpensive, and the pub restaurant has a very casual vibe. Take tram numbers 8 or 6 to Ejdergatan, and you will see the place on the corner.

Pros: Great choice, Inexpensive, Tasty & different

Cons: Not 100% veggie

Wonderful experience! - Edit

Old Corner is not a strictly vegan/vegetarian place but they have an entire vegan menu with plenty to choose from - 15+ diffrent pizzas and much more! I've only tried a small taste of the menu so far but what I've had has been delicious. Their vegan menu looks like a normal menu - they are generous with fake meats and vegan cheese etc. It is a nice pub with seating both in and outdoors. If you prefer a sit down restaurant too a local pub then maybe this isn't the place for you though. But overall it's a great place.

Pros: Large vegan menu, Good prices, Friendly and quick service

Cons: Smoking, Not 100% vegan, Local pub atmosphere

This is the place to go! - Edit

They have a WHOLE vegan menu with everything from pizza to home made dishes such as pasta, coalgrilled steak.
The also have a regular menu so it's perfect if you have friends who aren't convinced in vegan cuisine.
Really tasty pizzas! I go there once a month at least and dream about their food often.

Pros: Delicious, long open hours, vegan

Best place ever - Edit

Oh my god, this place is so good! They are not a completly vegan place, but they have a long vegan menu including a lot of pizzas, burger plate, pasta dishes and salads. The pizzas are all the classics but with vegan versions, and also their own compositions. There are a lot of faux meats, sauce, vegcheese and other toppings. The price are low and the staff are friendly.PIZZ

Pros: PIZZAS, price

Return to Gothenburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Old Corner closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1801 times since Nov 2009.