First Review by rileysoprano

Classic micro natural food store - Edit

This is one of those classic tiny natural food stores jammed full of all the essentials and then some. It's so small it doesn't even reach street level! It's like the place was built by gnomes. I have to remember to duck my head every time I clamber down the stairs.

Seriously, though, if I lived in Midtown or Mount Vernon this place would be a godsend. It's what would make living car-free fully possible in these neighborhoods. I used to stop here for a grab-and-go meal on nights when I volunteered at Velocipede Bike Project. The staff are always entertaining and helpful. Of course you are not going to pay discount Whole Foods prices here, but this place is getting a much lower volume discount from the natural food distributors. That said, their prices are actually rather reasonable and they often have good deals on sale items.

What you will find inside: an extensive bulk herb section; a huge assortment of teas; a surprisingly large health & beauty section, including supplements; several fridges with bottled drinks, an assortment of local and regional prepackaged snacks and whole meals, and various refrigerated and frozen staple items; a decent grocery selection including fresh bread; a small fresh produce display; a bulk dry goods section; and probably a lot more that I am forgetting.

Pros: stocks everything but the kitchen sink

Cons: difficult to navigate

Weekly Stop - Edit

I am here almost every week. All of the staff are friendly and know everything about all of their products and what to recommend. I have gotten natural remedies for earaches here, too. Bulk grains, flours. Inexpensive prepared foods. Large variety vegan desserts (must try macaroons). Eco-friendly cleaning supplies. Everything is unexpectedly fair-priced or cheaper. Many nice bath products, etc. Stop in for most groceries except produce, lunch snacks, or dessert, or nutritional supplements, etc. Also they have a shop cat!

Pros: Friendly/Knowledgable Staff, Great Prices, Huge Selection

LOVE! - Edit

This place is awesome! I moved from Portland, OR to Baltimore and unexpectedly found OK Natural Foods. The staff is super friendly and the prices are totally decent (most is actually priced the same as Whole Foods -- and they have loads of sale items). I come here regularly for kombucha and pre-made stuff like the macro + vegan dumplings, tofu brownies, vegan burritos, etc. I'm so glad this place exists in Baltimore of all places :)

Pros: friendly staff, all vegan/vegetarian, cute shop!

Cons: tiny, but whatev

nice place - Edit

This is a small but nice health food store in the city. The employees are very knowledgeable and friendly. They are always helpful. They are always willing to help me find odd ingredients and on the one occasion that they didn't have something, they called another health food store to help me track it down. They really are great and much better than the large whole foods at Harbor East.

Pros: friendly, knowledgable, helpful

Cons: very small

Return to Baltimore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has OK Natural Food Store closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2901 times since Aug 2007.