CLOSED: Ojero Vegan Bistro

Contact 777161830

Podebradova 23, Ostrava, Czech Republic,

Opened Jun 2014, previously at Postovni 9. Serves a weekday lunch menu til 3pm, and a regular menu of food and sweets at other times. Offers burgers, falafel, soup, salads, juices, smoothies, selection of Czech beer. Non-smoking. CONFIRMED CLOSED, OCT 2016. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-9:30pm, Sun 8:00am-2:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Fast food, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by Tereza-soucitne.cz

not recommended! - Edit

Another vegan place that confirms the (false) idea that vegan food is far from being tasty.
Took the "famous" BBQ burger: dry, not too fresh bun (definitely not a burger bun), too much sauces, my hands and the whole burger was wet in one second. Sauce was the type of cheap and store-bought spicy ketchup and mustard: surprisingly and despite the name, it didn't have any BBQ sauce..
Very bad concept of the vegan "cutlet": a squishy raw bread made with some cereals and red kidney beans, dry and difficult to digest. In a vegan food place I would expect to find plenty of fresh vegetables, while in the burger I received there was just one slice of tomato and one (1) lettuce leaf and one slice of cucumber..
Despite my remarks to the waiter, I had to pay the "burger" in full.

No offense, I advice the owner to have a trip in Cracow or Warsaw and see what is the level of vegan food in those two city, as it's very sad the only vegan place in Ostrava serve such type of food.

Pros: nice garden

Cons: low customer service, too much cheap store bought sauces, poor buns

Tasty traditional dishes - Edit

We visited on Easter weekend, and by Saturday evening they were running a little low on supplies, so all the burgers were off the menu - we saw the last ones being served, and they looked very good! That only left the traditional Czech dishes, and fortunately they were excellent. The waitress recommended a beetroot and potato dish which I tried - there was a hearty portion of smashed potatoes and oaty beetroot dumplings. It was really delicious, and I've never tried anything like it in the Czech Republic. My boyfriend had the svickova, a more famous traditional dish, and said the sauce:dumpling ratio was a bit off but generally it was good.

The staff were really friendly and helpful to us English-speakers, talking us through the options. It seemed like a really nice place, so I'd like to visit again when they are fully-stocked!

Pros: Good traditional food, Big portions

Best vegetarian place in Ostrava - Edit

Nice place, great service (staff is very friendly and helpful), good choice of both vegan and vegetarian meals. Big portions, quite inexpensive. Serves both coffee and alcohol. Be sure to try one of these delicious burgers or gyros.

Pros: Different kinds of tasty meals, Great price, Serves alcohol

Cons: Menu's in Czech only

Ojero, the vegan heaven! - Edit

Ojero is my the most favourite place in Czech Republic.
It is nice&cozy non-smoking restaurant with pleasant (and pretty, haha) service, between 11-15 you can get a menu, which includes soup and meal.
After 15:00 (till 20:00) you can order a meal from the regular menu, where you can choose from starters, soups, dinners and desserts. I recommend the BBQ burger, this one you´ve never eaten before! I am glad, that there are only few meals in each category because it is sign of freshness.
There is also possible to get beverages of course - Czech beers, lemonades and rich variety of coffees and rums!
I have to admit, that I tried almost every meal in Ojero and every single one was DELICIOUS!
My top: BBQ burger+cake with chocolate, orange and ginger decorated with mint leaf and peppercorns.

Pros: non-smoking, vegan only, nice service, DELICIOUS inexpensive food , regular menu changes during season

Cons: one menu option 11-15

Delicious and cheap vegan food - Edit

This small vegan bistro offers daily menu (soup and main dish) for 69 CZK, but you can also have Falafel burger with veggies for 50 CZK or Wrap (Tortilla with tofu, herbs and pickles) for 40 CZK. The food is delicious and very cheap! The only disadvantage is that there are not so many seats outside.

Pros: Excellent food, Very cheap, Friendly staff

Cons: Small

Return to Ostrava Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Ojero Vegan Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2821 times since Jun 2014.