Oishii

+49241-9008360

Pontstrasse 83, Aachen, Germany, 52062

Serves meat, vegan options available. A restaurant that offers Japanese food, including vegan choices such as noodle soup, wok and sushi. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-12:00am.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Japanese, Delivery, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by TiiniiZinja

Great vegan options - Edit

Although not vegan there are a lot of tasty vegan options and nice service.

Pros: A lot of vegan options

Cons: Not all vegan and not the most comfy.

used to be better - Edit

We went to Oishii today after a long time, as I still remember the "wow"-effect I used to have when I ate at Oishii, about 4-6 years ago. Now that I turned vegan, I still expected the taste to remain equally good. However, everything was a disappointment.
We ordered 2 main dishes and 1 salad. The salad never came, though the 2 main dishes came fairly quickly. My dish contained fish sauce in it, which I could taste and smell. I asked for the dish to be checked and redone, meanwhile my partner already ate up his dish, which was fine, but the taste was nothing special, short of what I remembered. Then, after my partner already finished his share, my dish arrived anew, without fish sauce. However it was overly salted, that I was glad there was rice to somehow even out the taste. Finally, when the waitress came to bring the check, she counted 30 cent too much. That was the moment I needed to leave my feedback there. She apologized for the money and promised to give back the difference. I went to the bathroom and when I came back, which took about 10 minutes, still nothing from the waitress. We didn't want to wait for another second at this place and left.
All in all, my memory of the quality and taste of this place is no more than a fleeting nostalgic feeling of the past. It became more commercial, expanded by another restaurant next door, but service and food quality have been compromised. Kitchen chefs don't pay proper attention to what has been ordered even though the waiter clearly indicated "vegan" on the order note, and the food quality isn't even satisfied, let alone leaving a "wow"-effect as I remembered (I used to go there once a week when I lived there for 4 years).
I do not recommend coming here again. Instead, support the local vegetarian and vegan eateries as they know better and pay closer attention.

Pros: quick service, friendly staff

Cons: chefs lack attention to ordering note, waiters don't react quickly when guests complain, food quality decreased compared to 4 years earlier

Return to Aachen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Oishii closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.