Oh Warung Gili

• ( 7 reviews )

Jl. Night Market, Gili Trawangan, Indonesia, 83352

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu is mostly vegetarian apart from a few dishes with meat. Menu is seasonal and uses local produce. Does a per head option for around 65k rupiah. No shoes allowed inside. No single use plastic. No WiFi. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Beer/Wine, Indonesian, Non-veg

First Review by jessiejacko

angelikaputz

Points +128

19 Mar 2020

Mostly of vegan options

Cheap and lots of vegan options usually. Water is free and staff is helpful :)

Updated from previous review on 2020-03-19

KoVeg11

Points +62

15 Feb 2020

Very cute owner! Yummy food

We came with a big group of people (13 people) - some vegans, some omnis and everyone loved it.
We all took a package:
- vegan: rice (yellow one is really yummy) 5 vegetables from the buffet water refill = 45k
Would definitely recommend it!

Clur

Points +211

24 Jan 2020

Cheap and filling

I had rice and a couple of options and I think it only came to 27k! I was here in November 2019 so can't remember exactly, I'm very behind on my reviews!

There were plenty of vegan options and the staff member was really helpful in confirming which options were suitable. You get a choice of sauce with it as well, with varying spice levels.

Fantastic option for a cheap meal. I also saw somebody from a local dive shop come in with a tupperware to get takeway so you could take your lunch to the beach.

Pros: Cheap, Tasty

Cons: Only a few seats so may get full.

emzie1983

Points +678

08 Nov 2019

Cheap but tasty

Went for a cheap lunch a couple of times. Nice selection of different dishes to choose from. Mostly veg, maybe a couple of chicken/fish
Tempe, different veg curries, stir fried veg etc. Several dishes and rice for about 50 000
Free filtered water, friendly woman running the restaurant

Pros: Good selection of local food, Cheap

abibarlow95

Points +266

23 Oct 2019

Best, most affordable vegan food on Gili T

Really good affordable vegan food, really friendly staff. So good we returned twice

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Friendly staff, Free water

Cons: Sells chicken, Not clearly labelled what is vegan

MartaCapova

Points +159

30 Aug 2019

Absolutely delicious and cheap

First of all the address is wrong so please have a look at the photos with correct direction.

There is plenty of choices for vegan and vegetarian although 3 dishes were with chicken.

Owner of this Warung is really friendly and speak pretty good English so he could explain all dishes for me and I could even try some of them.

For 65000 rupee we have had rice with five dishes and soft drink. This is really good price.

Only downside was that food was a bit cold.

Pros: Lots of to choose from for vegan

Cons: A bit cold dishes

jessiejacko

Points +33

Vegetarian
09 Jul 2019

Cheap, tasty, authentic eats

After looking for some grub at the night market on Gili T and being underwhelmed with the vego choices, we wandered down to Oh Warung Gili and we were super happy we made the change. The owner greeted us warmly and explained that all their food is mainly vegan and the produce is local and seasonal. She also explained that they were eco friendly and don't use single use plastic. Only at the end she mentioned there were 2 meat options (both chicken). We paid 35k rupiah for the banquet option and she brought out an absolute feast. We had so much food we couldn't finish it. Drinks were cheap as well and water was free from a filter. It was authentic Indonesian food and felt like we were eating in their home. I'd highly recommend coming off the main street to eat at this little gem.

Pros: Cheap, Seasonal and local produce, Eco friendly

Cons: Serves meat, Not a large restaurant, limited seating , Food was a bit cool, doesn't all come out hot

Has Oh Warung Gili closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.