First Review by tinam001

Like a flashback into the 70s or earlier........ - Edit

It is community style eating with 2 or 3 tables approximately 5 feet long and most who eat there know one another. The food is good home style cookin'. No formal menu but menu choices for the day are posted on a black board.

Pros: Very reasonable, Good healthy vegan food, Very casual

Cons: The ambiance leaves much to be desired d, Not many menu choices

Alway so happy to be at Oh Happy Days! - Edit

Whenever I am in the area I make a point to go this small restaurant and market. You order at the counter and sit down at one of a few tables in the market/restaurant. The menu varies from day to day. The specials are always delicious and you get plenty of tasty satisfying food for an extremely reasonable price. Everything I have had there I love. I just wish I lived in the area so I could eat there every day! I always get a special which I believe usually, if not always, comes with a salad, and often I get the soup. Last time the special was lasagna. The salad that came with it had the most delicious dressing. Just talking about it now is making my mouth water.
BTW they also have some groceries, organic produce, organic grains, supplements and more.
Anyway if you haven't already guessed I highly recommend Oh Happy Days. :-)

Pros: Delicious vegan food, Great value, Market too!

Healthy, vegan and inexpensive! - Edit

I love this place. The menu rotates daily, but you can always count on them having a soup and 2-3 main entrees, plus some sides. You can get a combo meal or just pick an item to have by itself.

Everything is vegan, mostly organic, and prepared in-house for a rotating daily menu. The food is extremely fresh; sometimes it lacks a little spice, but it's quite good other than that.

This is also a store, aside from the cafe, and they carry an assortment (somewhat limited) of vitamins, bulk goods and snack foods, etc.

Highly recommended.

Pros: All-vegan, Inexpensive, Friendly

Cons: Limited seating

Not So Happy Days! - Edit

A friend and I went there about two months ago. We walked in and looked around and thought, hmmmmm... where is the restaurant? The building was old and not taken care of very well, sadly (not happily). After asking someone, we were told that a tiny little space at the entrance to the store was where the food was (in food container inserts) and the very limited menu on a board. Reluctantly, but hungry, we decided since we drove all the way out there, we would try it. The food was on the underside of mediocre and the plate was visually unappealing. I wanted to write this review not to put down the place, but to make others aware that it is not a cafe or a restaurant and not to except that like we did.

Pros: Reasonable prices

Cons: Old & dirty, Food not very good, Location

my favorite - Edit

i love oh happy day. i went last week and had two entrees which were a vegan burrito and stew with salad and steamed greens on the side. i would recommend anybody to this place, very refreshing atmosphere to all the posh sort of trendy vegan places is LA, when you go here you feel like you are in another city in another time, awesome!!

This place is great! - Edit

Really great food at reasonable prices. The market was also a big plus as well. I had the yam plate which I believe had a split pea soup on top with the a healthy portion of the best collards greens around. There was also a nice sized portion of a hearty salad of greens, shredded beets and carrots. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Pros: tasty food , price, selection

Cons: don't expect fastest service

I'll definitely go back! - Edit

Stopped by Oh Happy Days to check it out. Sign reads "organic" - so I was interested. Small natural food store and the nicest guy running the place (possibly the owner). The menu is organic (as much as possible), vegan and changes each day. They have a handful of items and the prices are fair. I had soup (with rice and veggies) and a salad. Good, wholesome, tasty lunch for $5.25 .

I am definitely going back. I had seen the place before but didn't stop because it looked small and questionable. My bad - you'd think I would learn by now. It was GREAT. Warm, inviting and comfortable.
If you're ever in the area and want good, healthy vegan food - stop on by.

Cheers.

Pros: yummy, quick, fairly priced

Return to Altadena Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Oh Happy Days Vegan Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4392 times since Aug 2007.