CLOSED: Oh! Bio

• Vegetarian

Contact 0144611967

58 Rue Rambuteau (at Métro : Rambuteau / Square des Halles), Paris, France, 75003

Everything is 100% organic. Just in front of the Georges Pompidou Centre, in the heart of Paris. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, French

First Review by O-liv

Not bad! - Edit

Visited this last week & had one of their breadless burgers with a side of green beans & salad. It's kind of set up like a fast food joint, with the picture menu behind the counter & the tacky placky plates, however the tables & interior are like a lovely cafe (and cafe prices, my burger was 10 Euro). It was tasty though probably wouldn't be my first pick for vegan in Paris simply due to value.

Pros: Usually open!, Fast, Healthy

Cons: Plastic plates

Convenient location, decent food - Edit

We enjoyed our quinoa burgers (or whatever they called them). Each of us (my spouse and I) ordered a different variety. I was disappointed to find that though a side of fries was posted on the board, it came with white rice. However, they were willing to give me some vegetable stew instead of the white rice, which was tasty. In general, I found in Paris that vegan does not necessarily imply whole grains. Of course it needn't, but in many places they are rather correlated. The place is simple, informal, and pleasant.

Pros: good location, tasty food, nice service

Cons: small portions

A new Favourite - Edit

This was a real treat on my latest visit to Paris, a new Organic Vegan eatery right in the heart of the City. Fast food type, the burgers and crepes though were really good, relatively cheap by Parisian standards and served quickly by friendly staff. A perfect place for lunch whilst shopping I hope it's still there next time I'm in the French capital. They only have a few tables tough so if it became really popular it might be hard to get in.

Pros: Good Organic Vegan Simple 'Fast' Food, Decent prices, xcellent central location

Cons: Very small

Tasty and fast - Edit

Found this restaurant just yesterday (I live close by) and am eating my galette as I write ;-) The galette (sarrasin, hungarian) is very tasty and not at all cold, although I took it home with me. I would cut the smoked tofu into smaller pieces, but maybe that's just me. Nearly everything is vegan (and you can ask for the burger without cheese) and the staff is very nice and well informed. They told me that now they are open until 21 h, and from spring 2011 on until 23 h. In comparison to the Potager du Marais, it looks not like the cozy small french restaurant, but new and green and modern and with much light. Great place, definitely! Check it out after your visit to Centre Pompidou :-)

Pros: vegan desserts!, tasty food, open all day and till late hours

Cons: plastic for the take away meals

A welcome addition for vegans in Paris - Edit

As a vegan and regular visitor to Paris, I was delighted to find Oh Bio, which has recently opened (Jan. 2011). Most of the dishes are vegan; the soup I had on both days I went, was the most delicious I'd ever tasted (eventhough I've been called 'The Queen of Soups' by appreciative friends, this one was even better than my homemade ones); the veggie burger (which isn't something I'd normally eat) tasted very wholesome, and considering everything is organic, I think the prices are VERY reaosnable, especially for Paris. Service is very friendly and the location great. Also, they serve food uninterruptedly which is a great help and they're open 7/7. This has definitely become my favourite vegan address in Paris. Regarding the other reviewer who complained about the food not being warm, I am certain if you'd mentionned this to the staff, they'd have done something about it.

Pros: Organic ingredients, Very tasty, healthy

Disappointing - Edit

Oh Bio has a fantastic location very close to the Pompidou museum and a very cute decor inside. We were starving after catching an exhibition at the Pompidou and decided to give Oh Bio a try. The location reflects in the price (over 30 euro for 2) and although the food was tasty, it was clear that it was not fresh. Maybe this was due to the fact that it was Sunday evening, I don't know, but it's unforgivable! The fries looked like they had been cooked for a couple of days, the burger and the crêpe were lukewarm, and the cupcake was dry. Not a good first impression in terms of food, so hopefully they'll improve.

Not bad! - Edit

This new "fast food" restaurant belongs to the Potager du Marrais, which is a little bit further down the street. Very practicle if you don't have much time to eat.
Basically, it offers two choises: either a pancake, where you choise the type of pancake (rice, oatmeal or normal) and the filling; or a "galette": breadless burger, with a choise of 5, and about as many sauces to choose from. We had the burger, which came with a small salad with too much dressing, and some fried potatoes. It wasn't bad at all! The burger was very tasty.
About half the menu is vegan, but you need to ask because it's not indercated, and all the desserts are accept two. I had the chocolate and lemon tart, which was very nice.
The place is small but well decorated. A burger costs 9 euros, a desert is about 4 euros. I need to go back to try the pancakes now!

Pros: Nice food, Vegan deserts, Quick

Cons: Not much choise, No little "v" for the vegan food, A little small

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Oh! Bio closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 516 times since Jan 2011.