Offbeet Food

Contact 1329834078

The Chesapeake Mill, Bridge Lane, Wickham, England, PO17 5JH

Offers locally-sourced, organic main meals and also cakes, including at least one nut-free cake per day. Fully vegan and gluten free. Formerly Cafe Meon. Open Tue-Sat 10:00am-5:00pm, Sun 11:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, British, Caribbean, Gluten-free

First Review by JohnPellegrini88

One of our favourite new finds - Edit

We found this gem on our way back from Stonehenge using the ever-mighty Happy Cow app. Wow were we impressed. The menu options and presentation were faultless. Keep in mind the restaurant starts to shut down ~1 hour before the store, but fortunately when we arrived a bit on the late side the friendly staff was able to accommodate us.

Definitely worth a visit!

Pros: Creative Dishes, Lovely Setting, Friendly Staff

Cons: Limited hours

delicious food, great atmosphere - Edit

We sat down and had a drink before ordering some food. Really nice place to chill out and have a chat.
When we ordered food, the staff were super helpful and friendly, the food was incredible! Everything on the menu was vegan which is always nice to see.
We even had to grab a vegan cake each to have 'for later' when we got home. The mint chocolate muffin was amazing!

Nutritious and delicious! - Edit

Went here with my parents for some lunch and we all loved it! They had vegetarian, vegan and gluten free food, all of which sounded great. My parents had the soup of the day, which was parsnip and apple, and enjoyed it! I had the "naked" burger (no bun) with parsnip crisps, hummus, chutney, chickpeas, and various other veggie components, and it was beautifully presented and tasted amazing! I also had a piece of walnut, carrot and raisin cake, which was delicious and light, and a hot chocolate, where they have the choice of either soya or almond milk. The cafe itself isn't very large, but is nice and quirky, and the staff were all very friendly and chatty! They also allow dogs inside, which was a bonus for us as we'd just been for a long walk with ours! Hopefully there'll be a time when I can return to try more of their delightful sounding menu!

Pros: Vegan AND gluten free food, Friendly staff

great place - Edit

such tasty food !! we have been there a couple of times and will defiantly be back. All the food is veggi or vegan and there are also lots of gluten free options, the gluten free wraps and flat breads are amazing, imaginative fresh and tasty, I really want to know how to make them.

And the vegan cakes are so good that my boyfriend has one as a starter and another for desert!

This is great modern vegan gluten free cuisine

Truly Superb - Edit

Have been here twice now, the first for my 25th birthday lunch at the start of June and the second with 8 others for an engagement celebration earlier today. The food is excellent and while not all vegan, all dishes are vegetarian and they're very flexible. Everything is so fresh and clean tasting - but most of all delicious. I kid you not I almost cried with joy the first time I had the chickpea and broad-bean falafels. They are also entirely gluten free, which is a plus. The atmosphere is fantastic as is the location and the staff are some of the most pleasant people I've met. Very reasonably priced too, when the 9 of us ate there today, with 1-2 mains each, plus a cupcake and coffee it was just shy of £100, which is about £10 per person. Go there, try it - love it. If I could, I'd be there every Saturday.

They also offer vegan (and vegetarian) cooking courses! Plus they sell a range or local products, including single origin coffee beans that are roasted in Winchester.

Pros: Excellent food., Superb service, Beautiful location

Cons: Parking very limited.

Return to Wickham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Offbeet Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.