Off The Tracks Cafe

Contact 604-669-0724

1363 Railspur Alley (at Granville Island), Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Coffee house and roaster. Offers vegan choices like muffin, brownie, or sweet bread; sandwich and wrap, soup, chili, and salad. Uses much as possible fair trade, local, organic, and non-GMO ingredients. Free Wi-Fi. Short walk from #50 drop off at Granville Island's entrance. Previously named Agro Cafe.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Western, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Ohkamp

Overpriced, lax service - Edit

A muffin, avocado toast, and an $11 (ack!) sandwich (no sides, just the sandwich!) was $22. Yikes. We waited in a line with several other people while the cashier chatted blithely with the couple ahead of us, showing no concern for the line of hungry people waiting to give her money. The $11 Granville Green sandwich was on the bland side and worth about half what they charged us. The berry muffin was decent, but more expensive than a muffin should have been. The avocado toast was good, but that was about the only thing we felt approached it's worth in cost ($6).

The cashier also didn't tell us what we were supposed to do after ordering. Do we wait to pick up food at the counter? Do they bring the food to your table? Do they shoot it to you from a t-shirt cannon? We just didn't know. I asked another customer who was waiting at the coffee counter and she said she didn't know either, and that she's been waiting five minutes for someone to start making the tea she'd ordered. She waited another few minutes before flagging down one of the half dozen people behind the counter and asking when her tea would be ready and how to get her food. The cashier apologized for not starting it, pointed to the girl emptying the trash and bus buns, and said she would make it. It was another five minutes or so before the tea was made.

My toast took twice as long as the sandwich my buddy ordered, but the guys making the food were really apologetic for the wait, and it looked like they were going through avocado so fast that they couldn't keep up with the demand and that's why my toast took so long.

Wouldn't come back, sorry!

Pros: has vegan options

Cons: overpriced, hard to locate

Good, especially since it's one of few options - Edit

Stopped in for brunch as we biked over to the island to eat here and see what's what in the area.

First of, we hated Granville Island. WAY too busy, children running all over the place/in the streets/up to people/etc. Not the restaurant's fault but if you're eating here... make sure you want to be in the area, not worth coming just for the food.

Had the curry wrap, it was "ok" at best. Bland but well cooked. Berry muffin was good, I liked it more than my wife did.

Person taking the order got my latte wrong, but my wife's was delicious.

We also bought some banana bread to take with us for later in the day. It was actually very good, and probably the best part of the visit.

Vegan options very clearly marked and staff was very knowledgable about them.

Pros: Friendly staff, Well marked vegan choices

Cons: Bland food, Made an error on my order, Noisy/Busy area

Great muffins, okay sandwich and soup - Edit

Nice environment and good selection of vegan options. Friendly staff. Open earlier tha most places there.

Pros: Good baked goods, Friendly

Cons: Does serve meat

Return to Vancouver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Off The Tracks Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1219 times since Mar 2013.