Odell's Gluten Free Bakery

Serves meat, vegan options available. Bakery makes some vegan-suitable products, including cookies, muffins, English muffins, squares, breads. Cafe has pizza and a sandwich which can be made vegan - ask. Open Tue-Fri 9:00am-5:00pm, Sat 8:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Take-out, Bakery, Canadian, Non-veg

First Review by QuothTheRaven

Excellent vegan selection - Edit

I finally went into O'Dell's today. I originally met them at VegFest the first year when I had an amazing gluten-free and vegan cinnamon roll.

The cafe is not huge but it's a nice little space. I am simply thrilled by just how many vegan goodies they offer in their bakery area. The cafe doesn't offer too much but it's totally worth a trip just for the baked items.

The gentleman at the counter was very knowledgeable when I asked him what was available for vegans and pointed out very easily what was and wasn't vegan.

I got a couple little treats to bring home with me, a raspberry square and 2 nanaimo bars, which were delicious!

My only complaint is it is a little expensive but I do understand it being gluten-free and better ingredients will raise the price.

If I am ever in the neighborhood I will definitely be back.

Pros: Lots of vegan items

Cons: A bit expensive

Return to Halifax Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Odell's Gluten Free Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.