First Review by tater_tot

Oddfellows Cantina - Edit

This was our first stop. Located in center of town, nice ambiance and some free live music, usually not worth advertising. They had a few vegetarian meals like the black bean bowl, with or without cheese, it is a lot of beans. Some specials but pricy, as you can expect in a tourist town. Overall, I would just skip it. MUCH POTENTIAL they are missing.
No buffet, No local discounts, NO VEGAN ONLY days. Shoot, as I wrote this I am thinking I should suggest these things to them... maybe they are great people with a great store front with not much management or desire to improve. THEY DO HAVE SOME VEGETARIAN DISHES. May have new owners in 2016.

Pros: CLEAN, LOCATION, SOME vegetarian dishes

Cons: food was bland , lack of choices, pricy

Food is good if you don't mind waiting... - Edit

We visited for the first time on a Saturday afternoon. There were plenty of available tables, but we didn't get someone to seat us for 10 minutes. It took another 10 minutes for someone to take our order. (There was one waitress for 12 tables.) Then, we waited 20-25 minutes to get our food. The food was good; we had falafel wraps, which had vegan tahini sauce. The chips and pico de gallo were good, but the pico was served on top of the chips instead of in a bowl, so the chips were soggy when we got them. The iced tea was terrible. I'm not sure that we'll want to return.

Pros: Quaint, Vegan options, Price

Cons: Wait time, Food presentation, 5 Flies in front window

Tasty meals in the Blue Ridge - Edit

Visited this warm, colorful eatery not too long ago. The owners are not only on the floor, serving as waiters, but are unbelievably nice and courteous, as well. The diverse (and free!) live entertainment, reflecting the wide range of talent in the area, is a plus, too. Their curry tofu wrap was divine! Truly, a must-go-to place for any veg*n traveler in Floyd!

Pros: mountain view, nice staff/owners, eclectic atmosphere

Cons: limited seating

Return to Floyd Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Oddfella's Cantina closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 844 times since Aug 2007.