Octavo's Book Cafe and Wine Bar

+44-29-20491220

West Bute St, Cardiff, Wales, CF10 5LJ

Serves meat, vegan options available. Bookshop and cafe that offers a vegan chickpea burger, vegan seitan hot dog, as well as soup, salad, and a vegan sandwich. Gluten free options too. Open Mon-Fri 8:30am-7:00pm, Sat 10:00am-7:00pm, Sun 11:00am-7:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, British, Welsh, Non-veg

First Review by Lauraprattman

Updated menu - Edit

The current menu no longer has the seitan hotdog. Of the six tapas style small dishes, only two are marked as vegan, with two in addition to them being vegetarian. The food was excellent, and the venue is really nice.

Pros: The hummus and the falafels were great, Vegan options clearly marked on the menu

Cons: The falafels come with a non-vegan aioli, Not sure what's non-vegetarian in the (sweet) pota

Not bad. - Edit

We ordered from the take away menu and made 20% less which is great. We waited 30 mins to get the food.

They make use of foil in the take away so it's not environmentally conscious. The chips is not suitable for vegans apparently because they fry meatballs or some non veg in the same oil. When I questioned them as to how then is it suitable for vegetarians, she has the nerve to tell me vegetarians are not as picky as vegans.

Really shocked as far I know they can't label it as suitable for vegetarians as there is contamination. I would never have eaten it in my vegetarian days. How appalling and misleading.

We ordered the Sandwich, hotdog and burger. The hotrod was bland, burger patty soggy and the mushroom sandwich was not bad.

Pros: Vegan options, 20% off take aways

Cons: Serves meat and dairy , Makes use of non biodegradable packaging

Lovely little cafe and bookshop! - Edit

In a perfect location, less than 5 mins walk from Cardiff Bay. I went with my boyfriend and we were so happy at all the different vegan options, despite the menu only being small! We both had the seitan hotdog which was really really tasty and cheap too! (£5.50 for a large hotdog in a bun with salad) The one man working at the was really friendly and service was very quick. Will definitely visit again next time I go to the bay :)

Pros: Great location, Affordable , Many tasty vegan options!

Return to Cardiff Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Octavo's Book Cafe and Wine Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.