Ocean Boulevard Bistro and Martini Bar

Contact 252-261-2546

4700 N Virginia Dare Trail, Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, USA, 27949

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers a separate vegetarian menu with appetizers and main entrees of which some may be made vegan by omitting dairy/cheese. Staff and kitchen will accommodate. Ask for loaf of bread without the egg wash. The dessert menu includes a non-dairy sorbet.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by AllyRich

Nope nope nope. - Edit

I had decided to come here when I read the review of this place that said their vegetarian menu had items that could be made vegan. When I arrived, they had just changed their menu and there was literally nothing that was actually vegan and, aside from the salads, only one appetizer that could be made vegan. My waiter was very kind and spoke to the chef about making something special, which I appreciated. All was well until I overheard the kitchen staff complaining about catering to a vegan. Honestly, the food they made was pretty basic and it was pricy. I would have considered coming back had the kitchen staff not spoken cruelly about me, a customer.

Delicious! - Edit

We were very impressed! The food was delicious and the staff went out of their way to accommodate and impress us. As there were no obvious vegan options on the Vegetarian menu, our waitress Lori helped us pick out the "veganizable" choices - about half of the vegetarian menu. She also offered to ask the kitchen to bake a loaf of bread for us without the regular egg wash. We had the Creamy Vegetable Succotash for an appetizer, and split the Seven Lettuce Salad and Sautéed Corn and Ivory Lentils as our entrees. My husband and I usually follow a plant based, whole foods, no oil diet so most restaurant food (even vegan) is too oily/rich for us and often disappointing. These dishes, by contrast, were amazing! Even the fried elements were light and well seasoned. Overall, we found the food to be surprisingly sophisticated. If you want a light dessert, try the yummy blueberry sorbet. Or you can splurge on vegan ice cream sandwiches (to die for!) from Zen Pops which is less than a 5-minute drive away.

Return to Kitty Hawk Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ocean Boulevard Bistro and Martini Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.