O'bean Organic Soya Vegetarian Restaurant

Komplek Ruko Bukit Beruntung Blok B 2-3, Sungai Panas, Pulau Batam, Indonesia, 29444

Offers a varied vegetarian food menu from pizza, fries, and rice porridge to Korean style pancakes, curries, and ramen dishes. Open Tue-Sun 10:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Chinese, International, Western, Take-out, Asian, Indonesian

First Review by CherylQuincy

great food! - Edit

The ambience, food and restaurant decor at Batam is so familiar. I miss O'bean's duck porridge, can't believe I have to travel 45 minutes away from Singapore to try it again...and it's so good!

The Mei Cai Kou Rou ('Pork Belly' with Preserved Vege) was good too. The pork belly was made with konnyaku, which really had the texture of real pork belly but still taste like mock meat. The preserved vege isn't too salty but goes well with rice.

The dumplings in Chilli oil was different from the ones we had from Tanjong Pagar or Bugis. The skin was a bit tough, maybe it needs a little more cooking time.

And as for the Korean Seafoodless pancake, it's really thick and starchy, doesn't come with the sweet plum sauce or Korean gochujang Chilli paste. We've forwarded this information to the restaurant manager(?) whom she had asked whether the food was similar to the one we had in Singapore - hopefully next time when you guys visit this place you'll get something similar to the pancake you tried before.

Oh, do order their tempeh dishes! We had the Indian Assam Curry with Fried Tempeh in it and it was really delicious!

We spent about $20 SGD in total

I went there again a few months later:

Kimchi Soup Ramen - Noodles has a bit of al dente texture. Kimchi soup base is a little thick which I enjoy. Kimchi itself is salty but evens out with the tofu and noodles.

Indian Assam Curry Tempeh - A must try! Thick slabs of tempeh coated and fried. Very flavourful, very good.

Duck Porridge - the flavour reminded me of the original O'bean back in Tanjong Pagar. I miss this so much! The 'duck' is actually strips of soy mocked meat.

Pan Fried Chicken Cold Ramen - The noodles has the same al dente texture like the Kimchi Soup Ramen. Only the veggies are cold while the noodles itself is in room temperature. Overall the ingredients in this dish compliments each other. Slight spiciness.

Thai Spicy Tofu - The sauce is sour and spicy, and the tofu is super soft on the inside. I think we finished this dish the fastest 'cause it's really good.

Stir Fried Nai Bai - Something simple to go with the flavourful spread

Warm Soya Milk - Not bad at all! Has a slight soya sweetness to it. Have it warm or hot instead of cold

Updated from previous review on 2018-01-31

Pros: Really good food, fast service, Quite a big restaurant, perfect for large groups

Best Vegetarian Restaurant at Batam - Edit

I had the most delicious vegetarian meal at Batam for the first time. It was so good, especially the Braised Duck Porridge and Stir Fried Nai Bai. They also have a wide variety of food choices on their menu!

Pros: Reasonable Price, Delicious Food

Return to Pulau Batam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has O'bean Organic Soya Vegetarian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.