Oasis

• Veg-friendly
Contact 805-543-1155

675 Higuera St (at downtown), San Luis Obispo, California, USA, 93401

Serves meat, vegan options available. Middle Eastern/Mediterranean cuisine restaurant operating since the early-90s. The menu includes a few marked vegan suitable wraps and entrees.

Category: Mediterranean, Delivery, Take-out, Catering, Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Non-veg

First Review by raissipouralex

Beautiful Balance - Edit

I had dinner there last night with my girlfriend and we couldn't have been happier or more satisfied. She had the Cabbage and Artichoke Wrap. It was awesome! Not sure how one "wraps" it because the pita is piled high and overflowing with delicious cabbage, artichoke, salad and rice perfectly spiced. I had the spicy vegetable curry and it was great. We both raved about how perfectly balanced the spices were in our dishes. As our bites moved from the front of our mouths to the back, the different flavors took turns emerging and stating their cases. It was a beautiful thing! But the real star of the meal was an appetizer, Makouda. Potato balls. Doesn't sound that wonderful, does it? What a surprise! There were five good sized balls, fried crispy and not oily in the least. Drizzled delicately with a sauce and sprinkled with fresh parsely. Inside was creamy, spicy mashed potatoes. This is the type of dish you take smaller and smaller bites because you want it to last longer!

Pros: Fresh ingredients!, Balanced spice, Attractive ambiance

Cons: Waiter wore t-shirt and tennis shoes.

Amazing flavorful food! - Edit

The food was very flavorful and the portions were huge! They brought out these beautiful little pots of some sort of spiced tea that tasted INCREDIBLE! Everything was very fresh and we left very very full (with leftovers!)

Pros: Delicious food, Large portions, Beautiful decor

Cons: Serves meat

A spiritual experience! - Edit

The owner was friendly and charming. The decor was interesting and attractive. The atmosphere made me feel very comfortable and at ease. The food... Oh, the food was so good, it was almost a spiritual experience! I am a vegan and had the spicy veggie curry. I feel like that was the first time I'd ACTUALLY had curry, it was so good! The layers of flavors and spices were amazing! My friend had the dolmas and raved and raved at how delicious they were! I also suggest the mint tea, as it is captivating and tasty!

Pros: good prices, delicious, friendly

Cons: none

A Must In San Luis Obispo... Or Anywhere Nearby - Edit

This is some of the best Mediterranean/Moroccan food we have had in The States. We found Oasis via HappyCow when we were searching for vegan-friendly restaurants on a road trip. The friendly owner welcomed us upon arrival and presented us with a menu that was super easy to navigate. We ordered the cold Mediterranean sampler appetizer without feta, the lentil soup, a tagine entree and sweet Moroccan tea. Everything was fresh, well seasoned, flavorful, and delicious. We remarked while we were eating that we are not used to NOT having to request salt! The prices were more than fair, the ambiance was lovely, everything was clean, and the service was perfect. "A must."

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good value

Cons: none

Delicious! - Edit

This restaurant has many vegan & vegetarian options (noted on their menu). All the soups are vegan. My bf and I are both vegan, and we greatly enjoy going to Oasis on a regular basis. We usually get the harira soup to share and we each get the spicy veggie curry. Both are absolutely delicious!! Let them know that you are vegan/vegetarian and they will be happy to satisfy your needs! Great food and service!!

Pros: Delicious food, Many options, Friendly staff/owners

A place to go - Edit

I don't know if you're like am. when you pay for a meal I want it to taste very good and be flavorful. This restuarant got my business every day that I was in San luis Obispo. I got good service, good food and the price wasn't bad. Try the flafel for sure.

Return to San Luis Obispo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Oasis closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1829 times since Mar 2008.