Oasis Cafe

Contact 801-322-0404

151 S 500 East, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 84102

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers multiple vegetarian items and marks the ones that can be made vegan. Lunch menu prices are moderate, dinner more expensive. Has a vegan dessert. Open Mon-Thu 8:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 8:00am-10:00pm, Sun 8:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Roethke

Decent vegan selection, tasty - Edit

Met a friend there for lunch on a Monday. Their menu has a good selection of vegan and 'can be made vegan' options. The food was good , and the outdoor seating area is nice.

Pros: good selection

Great place for a date - Edit

The patio in the evening is amazing. There were more vegan options than I expected, including an delicious vegan chocolate cake with vegan soy ice cream and raspberry sauce (see pic). For an appetizer, we had the vegan tasting plate. Interesting and complex flavors, including some great hummus and cucumber salad. The vegan Udon Peanut Stir Fry with Tempeh was excellent as well. As the descriptions states, this is not a cheap place to eat for dinner. Entree will run betwen $15-20. Dine on the patio, take your time, enjoy the atmosphere and the food. It is wonderful.

Pros: Great patio, Clear vegan options on menu, Vegan dessert

I love the patio. - Edit

I love to dine on their patio so I find myself going here more often in the summer months. The dinner menu only has a few vegan options but they are all pretty good. For desert they have one of the best vegan chocolate cakes I've ever had. Brunch is the best of all! Try tofu scrambler, tempeh sandwich, potato hash with tofu, or the breakfast burrito. If you're looking for something light try a vegan muffin with juice or coffee. I'm pleased every time. I love this place.

Pros: Patio, Great brunch menu, Chocolate cake

Cons: Weak dinner menu

Good lunch place - Edit

I'm really surprised by the other reviews of this place... they don't have the most amazing options but I have always been decently happy when I go there.

To me, it's a good place for brunch or lunch to go with omnis when you're not looking to spend too much. Expect to spent $8-10 for lunch. They have a fine selection of vegetarian and vegan options (probably 5-6) and a great selection of coffee and tea.

I have found that I prefer their lunch over their breakfast food, and I would not go there again for dinner. Dinner is extremely over priced, small proportions, and not up to par.

Ok - Edit

This place is nice, but doesn't have any Vegetarian dishes except for a veggie salad which is VERY good, and a Spicy Peanut Noodle dish which you get Without the chicken. I don't recommend it if you want a meal, but I would recommend it if you're not so hungry and are willing to settle for a salad. Ohhhhh and they do have an excellent tasting Chocolate cake which is delicious. So go if you're not craving a whole 3 course meal. But not many choices. and it is sort of pricy.

Yuck - Edit

My friend was served a dead cockroach on his plate, beneath the soupbowl. Plus, this place is NOT vegetarian. Fish is not vegetarian food.

Pros: some options

Cons: pests, overpriced, not vegetarian

Return to Salt Lake City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Oasis Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1736 times since Aug 2007.