First Review by Michael R

Sloopy - Edit

I got there informed that was some new kind of vegan restaurant, and since I was asked to show vegan places in porto which are rare, I went to find it.
By it's Blogspot site, I was induced in a bit of error since, they did had really nothing to eat as a meal, no pizzas, the person that was organizing the place at the time didn't know what we could eat since he sayed "we have nothing prepared I don't really know what you can ear, wait a minute". This was on a Friday night.

We ate some "vegan sushi", actually was vegan maki rolls (not sushi), and payed 1 euro for each roll, and we had to ask for soy sauce, no wasabi, no nothing.

Also, some kind of salted fritter / tortilla was served to us, with a glass of sangria with a lot of fruit in it, and that was nicer.

What was not nice at all was the price, for a little snack and a little drink, we payed more than in a gourmet restaurant for 2 persons.

I was shocked, and I will not return for sure.

Pros: The view

Cons: Price, Sloppyness , No info on door

Great food, great people - Edit

In contrary to what the displayed info here is saying while I m typing this review, this is not a restaurant but some kind of association. You can eat there but YOU HAVE TO MAKE A RESERVATION IN ADVANCE!

Pros: Delicious food, Great location, Great people

Very good meals - Edit

I have enjoyed very much my dinner at the Terraço. The food was very good, the staff very friendly, and asking us to get involved in the making of our food (the bread) It was very nice!The view is amazing! It is hoewever recomended that you book your table, or might not get any food!

Pros: Excellent food, unexepensive

The vegan best in Porto, wish there were more! - Edit

I've visited it many times because it's simply a vegan place I feel very good at. The atmosphere is relaxing and cosy, stuff is great, food is good&simple&cheap, views on river are really nice...The place is small but the ambient is great. Fresh juices, sandwiches and of course special pizzas are especially good. My non vegan friends love O Terraco too. We all do:)

Pros: ambient, unique location, wonderful stuff, gooood veeeegan fooood

Cons: there could be more choice

great people great food - Edit

This place is definately worth visiting. You can find the entrance in a narrow street which just consists of steps. They make all the food from scratch and it's an open kitchen. You can sit outside and get a great view on the douro river. It's a really relaxing atmosphere, they put on some nice tunes and there are boardgames etc available while you wait for your food. The owners are a really nice couple and could use some support with this great project! They want to keep the prices low so the less fortunate of Porto can eat healthy too!

Return to Porto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: O Terraco Vegan Spot closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 693 times since Mar 2013.