NYPD Pizza - McDowell

Contact 602-343-6973

556 W McDowell Rd, Phoenix, Arizona, USA, 85034

Serves meat, vegan options available. Chain of pizza restaurants. On the menu is a "veganizza" pizza which is topped with spinach, garlic, tomatoes, basil, and vegan cheese. Could substitute vegan cheese on other pizzas. Has gluten free.

Category: Lacto, American, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by FunkydP

NYPDelivers - Edit

When it comes to delivery, NYPD is one of the first places I think of. Their marinara sauce is delicious and I always get it with an app of crispy zucchini. This location cuts them thick the way I likes 'em. Every bite gives a juicy bit of zucchini as opposed to other places where you're insulted with a slice of wilted vegetable inside a thick coating of greasy breading.

Once, I ventured to try a different app - the garlic knots. The bread was way too soft and doughy for my tastes. I did not likey and couldn't even swallow the first bite.

My fave: the eggplant. They are generous with it. I can get it on a hero, with pasta, or as a pizza topping. How cool is that? Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of the pizza dough because it can never handle all the sauce and veggie toppings I request, but I will eat it once in a while.

Sometimes the salads are disappointing, because you may get unfresh greens but I usually pick those out and continue eating. If you order the spinach salad, but sure to request no bacon and no cheese if you're vegan. (I don't understand why folks insist on destroying a great salad with meat and cheese.) A small salad will set you back about six bucks and a large one is sold for $9.

Pros: Salads and desserts served, Good in-house operation, Delivery available

Cons: Pizza dough quickly gets soft

Return to Phoenix Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has NYPD Pizza - McDowell closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 840 times since Mar 2013.