CLOSED: NutriVerde

Contact n/a

78 Sollano (at /near Juarez Park), San Miguel De Allende, Mexico,

Tiny, charming bistro serving food that is 98% organic and all veg as of Dec 09. The daily lunch special for around 75 pesos includes a vegetarian soup, a main dish (vegetarian croquettes, sauteed vegetables with tofu), and organic brown rice (prepared as a risotto with celery or with vegetable), a fresh salad, and a juice drink (cactus, mint). There is also an extensive menu, a juice bar menu. Try the breakfast pancakes made from oats and flax seeds. Reported closed, Feb 2017. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Mexican

First Review by Dave B

Excellent food served by a lovely woman - Edit

Today my friend and I ate at NutriVerde for the first time and we are happy we did. The food was marvelous. We were trying to figure out which dish was the best. We loved all of it. All I did was make yummy noises while I ate. The one drawback was the traffic outside the door. The tiny little place is so charming. We will be going back.

Pros: delicious food, lovely proprietor , clean and cozy

Cons: noisy traffic outside the door

Reliably wholesome tasty food - Edit

No longer strictly vegetarian (most dishes still vegetarian, and substitutions possible to make most things vegan), but still (as far as I know) strictly organic.

Tiny little place (three tables) where the owner does the cooking, serving, everything. Fairly large menu considering how tiny the kitchen is. Daily lunch special is 85 pesos and includes soup, bread, and several other dishes, usually rice or beans, salad, casserole, and some sort of drink like cactus flower juice.

Really terrific dishes I've had recently include squash blossom soup, corn soup, curry lentil casserole. Some misses too, like fried banana croquettes.

Pros: Delicious, Affordable, Wonderful friendly service

Cons: Tiny, Limited hours (Monday-Friday)

Loving Low-oil Vegan Bistro - Edit

Thank you Happy Cow for helping us 4 month old low-oil vegans find this unique gem of a loving vegan dining experience. Pretty much as described by the Happy Cow review we read with one noteworthy addition: The one woman performer (name not remembered) who made it all happen in the three table, 8 seat converted garage where as a recent Vegan convert I ate my first and so far finest huitiacoche. A minor personal life transition for 75 pesos. We shall smile as we recount the minute details of our memorable lunch there in Oct 2011.

Pros: Everything

A GREAT FIND - Edit

Amazing how Patty (the owner) cooks and serves such delicious food in such a tiny and sweet space. Once we discovered this hidden gem in San Miguel, we ate lunch there practically everyday! No dinner served..but you can order take-out as well, which we did on occasion and brought home to have for dinner on our terrace Everyday there is an inventive and tasty complete lunch special, which is so very reasonably priced. There is also an extensive menu with other lunch options. Breakfast is also delcious...I heartily recommend your seeking out Nutri Verde if you find yourself in San Miguel!

Pros: delicious food, healthy cuisine, excellent value

Cons: small- so sometimes full up

Return to San Miguel De Allende Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: NutriVerde closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1932 times.