First Review by Kitosoma

Nothing compares - Edit

I lived in Tampa for a few years and I have missed this place since. I have not been able to find a health food store. I have not been able to find a store in all of my travels that compares price wise. I hold all of my current and future shopping standards to this level.

Pros: Prices, Location

Abundant organic produce and products - Edit

Nutrition Smart definitely has more than the "regular" supermarkets, and by more, I mean quality organic foods. Most chain supermarkets are now carrying organic selections but only devote a small (and sometimes pitiful looking)section to them. Nutrition Smart does not have a deli, but they do have some prepared refrigerated foods made at the local Sami's Bakery which include lavash, hummus, whole grain breads, etc. I really like their produce section because they are constantly stocking them. Most all their produce is grown in the USA and some locally. They also have a large selection of bulk items and spices, all of which are less expensive than the larger Whole Foods Market. They have a long isle devoted to soaps, natural scents, hair and skin. In the back of the store, they have a book section with tables and chairs. They also carry pet food and supplies. They have a friendly staff and seem to have very little turnover. I make this store a weekly or twice-weekly stop. I'm rating it high for selection, location and friendliness.

Pros: Organic Selections, Location, Friendly staff

Cons: Wish they had a deli

good place t o shop - Edit

This store is priced well, though I can do better at my regular supermarket, if they have what I am looking for example soy milk. Their loose products like nuts are much cheaper than the chain healthfood stores. Has a very good selection. Nice organic fruits and veggies. The people are helpful and friendly.

Pros: price, variety, knowledgable

Cons: location

Healthy Supermarket - Edit

Just as the name of the store, Nutrition S'Mart is a Nutrition Supermarket. They have a very large selection of Supplements and even a person in charge and helping customers with supplements at all times. The people are friendly, mostly all Vegetarian. Unfortunately they do sell meat (although it's a plus because it's organic only), but they sell ten fold that amount in soy products and veggies. I buy My Silk Soymilk "Eggnog" there in the winter and love it. The prices of the foods are about $0.50 higher than that of a normal supermarket, but it's too be expected. The only bad experience I've had there is when I ran out of money! (lol) Overall, very good service, employees always wanting to help happily and a large variety of Vegan/Vegetarian goods.

Pros: Excellent Customer Service, Large Selection is Vegan/Vegetarian, Their own Nutrition Department

Cons: $0.50 more than normal Groceries, They Sell Meat

Return to Tampa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nutrition S'Mart closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1152 times since Aug 2007.