Nutriland Vegan Health Food Centre

0125202910

11 Rangoon Road, Penang, Malaysia, 10400

Healthy food eatery. Sunday is buffet lunch while other days are set lunch. Salads available. More than 10 persons for buffet requires reservation. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-2:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, Indian, Organic, Buffet, Juice bar, Catering, Malaysian

First Review by abracadaver

Nice place - Edit

Very simple and nice place. Nice and friendly staff . Very good Sunday buffet and also convenient. Food is amazing

Genuine place - Edit

I enjoyed this place. First of all, because of the smile of the owner (I assume). She reminds me a little bit of Olive Oil, Popeyes wife :) She greets you with a smile and is unbelievably gentle with the food she serves you. I guess you get extra nutrition only from the love she adds to the plates. I am very happy that here you can get green veggies salad that are organic. Plus - with some amazing fresh vegan dressing. Other dishes can be both a success or a little dull in taste but I still enjoy the whole experience (been there twice so far) when I know that the ingredients have been chosen carefully and the place is run with care.

Pros: Healthy food, Different choice every day, Loving service and whole environment

Cons: Not every time the food is mindblowing, Too much of a canteen style

Very Healthy Vegetarian Restaurant - Edit

We only tried their Sunday buffet lunch and it was truly delicious. Healthy cooking style, fresh vegetables and friendly owner/staff. :)
Loved their Laksa. I was told that they were made with fresh pineapple juice. Yummy!

Pros: Healthy and Tasty, Vegan options, Good service

Cons: Not air-conditioned

Sunday buffet! - Edit

We went for the Sunday buffet today and really enjoyed it. Everything was really tasty and the staff working there were very helpful in explaining what everything was. The place seemed clean and we will definitely be going back!

Pros: Healthy, Tasty food, All you can eat

Cons: Slightly expensive

Excellent Sunday Buffet - Edit

We've been to Nutriland Vegan Health Food Centre twice now on the recommendation of a local friend. Nutriland is only open for lunch from 11.30am to 2.00pm and is closed on Saturdays. From the exterior, the open shop front with cars parked outside doesn't look terribly inviting, but once you go in, the interior is large and bright.

During the week they serve set meals with a choice of at least 6/7 dishes. The cost is RM8.50 for three dishes and RM11 for four dishes, rice and soup. On a Sunday there is an all-you-can-eat buffet for the very reasonable cost of RM22 for which you get a choice of at least 15 dishes, tea and dessert.

The majority of the food is made from organic ingredients including the rice and noodles. We were very impressed both by the variety of food and the different and distinctive flavours.

On our visit there was a choice of red and brown rice, brown rice beehun, mixed vegetables, greens, arrow head potato, mushroom and tofu, sweet turnip and yam rolls, curry mee, asam laksa, and raw salads including a delicious beetroot and red cabbage salad.

Both the curry mee and asam laksa were delicious. Not a huge fan of asam laksa, I found this version was nicely spiced and not very sour.

Full from the main course, I still found space to try the desserts. There was fresh papaya, moulded jelly and a most amazing steamed pumpkin and coconut cake. I could have eaten it all of that cake but managed to restrain myself.

What impressed us about the food at Nutriland was that each dish was different and had a distinctive flavour. We also liked the fact that Ms Lim, the owner and cook was happy to explain exactly what was in each dish and how it was made. All the food is vegan containing no eggs, dairy or MSG.

Pros: No MSG, Tasty and delicious, Reasonable price

Cons: Looks uninviting from the outside

veggiebubble 12 Jan 2014 - Thanks for your informative review! It prompted us to go today and it was great :-)

Possibly the healthiest meal in Penang - Edit

We came here with very low expectations, having read the previous review which said the food was oily and the people unfriendly and imposing. So you can imagine our surprise when we arrived on the rainy Sunday afternoon that was today, to find a generous buffet of delicious food served by smiling, friendly faces. We can only wonder whether the former reviewer really went to the same place as we did!?

Today's spread consisted of 2 noodle soups (curry mee and tom yum), a Malay style potato curry eaten with what appeared to be pandan pancake rolls, a colourful salad, a local style salad topped with a peanut sauce, a fried rice, some fried noodles, organic raw tofu slices with gravy, and boiled mulukhiyyah (a super nutritious green) amongst others. For dessert there were some coconut jellies, pumpkin cakes and a sweet black rice congee, all of which were delicious.

No MSG or other dodgy ingredients are used here and roughly 70% of the ingredients are organic and all are natural. From what we understand it is not extremely popular among the locals, whose tastes lean towards oily fast food style fare.

When we finished our meal we were filled to the brim and the owners were so thoughtful as to give us a lift in their car to the nearest shopping center so we could find a taxi without getting drenched in the heavy downpour outside.

Overall this was a very positive experience and we look forward to seeing how it compares on a regular weekday when the buffet is not available.

Oh yes, one thing - they close pretty early. If you get there at 3pm the lights will be out and nobody there. We got there at 1.40pm and were told they close at 2pm, so probably best to get there as early as possible. They start from 11am.

Pros: healthy food, no MSG, lots of variety, organic!

Cons: can't think of any

Bad, plain and simple! - Edit

First of all, they cook their food with way too much oil. Second-and much worse-they have restrictions on the buffet! After eating just one portion of their curry potatoes, I went to get a second portion but was told that I've "eaten too much and had enough!" Well, I've definitely had enough-of Nutriland!

Cons: Very Greasy, Restrictions on buffet, Bad Service

Return to Penang Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nutriland Vegan Health Food Centre closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.