CLOSED: Nusantara Indonesian Tea Cafe

602 Great N Rd, Grey Lynn, Auckland, New Zealand,

A pop-up homey & welcoming tearoom that specializes in afternoon tea, plus is available for small private catering and community dinner events. Indonesian inspired snacks, an impressive Southeast Asian tea beverage menu with pairings of vegan buttercream cupcakes, raw handcrafted chocolates and cookies. Does not serve alcohol. Supports the Free West Papua movement and promotes awareness of social and environmental justice causes. Reported Closed November 2016. Open Thu-Fri 2:00pm-6:00pm, Sat-Sun 1:00pm-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Raw, Halal

First Review by alkalinekiwi

Delicious and ethical - Edit

Nusantara is a delightful oasis filled with wholesome and delicious teas and treats, activism support, and activist/poetry books. What more could we want? Come visit! :-) All truly ethically vegan, made with love and care and without any body parts. Fair trade chocolate too, so important.

Pros: excellent food, supports intersectional social justice activism, books

Cute, cozy and cool cafe for lovers of tea and community - Edit

Nusantara Indonesian Tea Cafe have popped up around Auckland and beyond at various events and everytime I've had their food I have loved it. I frequently have dreams of their veef rendang sliders.

The pop-up tea cafe I could see being an excellent hang out spot. Working on zines, discussing books, sipping tea happily.

On my visit I had a pot of delicious tea, an epok epok and a salted caramel cupcake (which I inhaled before I could photograph how pretty it was).

I'm looking forward to the community dinners that have been hinted at later this year.

Updated from previous review on 2016-10-14

Pros: Tasty food, A comfy and welcoming vibe, Great tea served in cute teapots

Return to Auckland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Nusantara Indonesian Tea Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.