Nudluskalin

Contact 5620202

Skolavoroustig 8, Reykjavik, Iceland, 101

Serves meat, vegan options available. Núúluskálin is a fusion noodle bar where you create your own noodle dish. The sign out front advertised vegetarian options, so it is easy to request something vegan. The owner is knowledgeable about veganism. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-7:30pm.

Category: Fast food, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by gr8vegan

almost all can be made vegan - Edit

Great find in a decidedly non-vegetarian country, (due to their limited food resources historically and now). This noodle restaurant can make any dish vegan, and can accommodate any level of spiciness. I went twice and got the same delicious soup: Tom Gha (Thai coconut soup, spicy, with plentiful noodles, large satisfying bowl). It was the best food we had in Iceland.

Pros: tasty, nice vibe, friendly staff

Cons: can get crowded

Fresh and yummy noodles - Edit

This place has been a personal favorite for years! Great quality food and good service. When I was a vegetarian, J was my favorite dish, it can also be made vegan (like everything on their menu) but I also recommend the cocos soup and just basically everything! The only negative thing is that I don't particularly like their tofu, I prefer my tofu fried and with more taste.

I love Nudluskalin! - Edit

I came here for dinner the other night and absolutely loved it! Asking what the vegan options were, I was told anything on the menu could be made vegan! I had a bowl of coconut noodle soup with extra tofu, which was huge and absolutely delicious. I'll definitely be coming back here; highly recommended!
Updated from previous review on Thursday January 07, 2016

Pros: Everything can be made vegan, So tasty, Helpful, friendly staff

Spicy and Delicious - Edit

On a rainy day in Reykjavík, Nudluskalin really hits the spot! The guy behind the counter was very accommodating to my diet and my food was delicious. Quick, reasonable prices, hot and spicy, what more could I want? If you are looking for a filling warm meal and don't want to spend too much, definitely check out Nudluskalin.

Everything is VEGAN! - Edit

Need a big ass bowl of warm noodle goodness? Look no further because Nudluskalin has some of the most reasonable prices in town and the portions are large. Best of all, the whole menu can be made vegan (it even says so on the menu). The chef was extremely nice and explained how all their soup bases are vegan. I HIGHLY recommend this small noodle shop. LOVE IT! I would give it 5 cows but this website won't let me.

Pros: ALL vegan, Cheap, Portion sizes

Another great option in the city - Edit

We came here twice and really loved the food. The pin (at the time of writing my review) is wrong- it is bang smack in the middle of the city, easy walkable...so hopefully this will update in the next few days =)

They have a sign in the window mentioning vegan, so it is easy to spot. They veganise anything on the menu for you (TELL THEM VEGAN as there is fish sauce in some dishes) but all their actual base sauces are vegan.
Full menu and opening times are available on their website- may be worth checking (as with anything in Iceland depending on the time of year you visit, as many things can be seasonal).

Really loved the food and the fact they make the effort to substitute any meat with tofu...Although food is expensive in Iceland, their portions here are very good and can easily be a filling dinner!

Pros: Well thought out vegan options & menu, great portions

Cons: small space, can get busy

Loved it! - Edit

Lots of great noodle dishes with vegan bowls on the menu. Items can be veganized with rice noodles and tofu. Great food for a rainy/cold day since the food is warm and spicy!

They also have a condiment bar where you can add sauces (sweetener, salty sauces, oil, etc), spices, or just generally customize your dish to your liking. I added a bit of soy sauce and agave. It was delicious!

Pros: Vegan options on the menu, Create your own dishes, Condiment bar lets you customize your di

Cons: Noodle bowls only, no dessert or sides

Yummy! - Edit

This was such a great find for me after doing self-cater sandwiches for a week! An Asian fusion noodle place where all items can be made vegan just be sure to ask for tofu aaand for rice noodles. I got the "noodles in a fen", it was so good I got it twice! Lots of cilantro, veggies, noodles, peanuts, ginger and spice....yummm my mouth is watering now! Large portions that I had some for lunch the next day. I think hours are open till 9pm now, check website!

Amazing Noodle shop, every item veganizable! - Edit

This is a noodle shop with three vegan noodle bases, tomato, coconut & veg broth to which you can create custom noodle bowls. One item on the menu is vegan, the Green bowl (which is amazing) but every single menu item can be veganized by using rice noodles and tofu for substitutions.

Pros: super tastey, uses agave for sweetener, lots of spices!

Return to Reykjavik Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nudluskalin closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4550 times since Jun 2010.