Nuba - Gastown

Contact 604-688-1655

207 W Hastings St, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V6B 1H7

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mulitple locations Lebanese cuisine eatery. Modern decor. The vegetarian and vegan items are marked: falafel, hummus, baba ghanouj, eggplant stew with brown rice, and other mezze. Try the Najib's special (cauliflower roasted with lemon and sea salt).

Category: Mediterranean, Juice bar, Take-out, Catering, Middle Eastern, Lebanese, Non-veg

First Review by saveur

Great Lebanese food! - Edit

Love it so much I had my birthday dinner here.

It's my go to with some of my omni friends when we can't find something that we all can agree on.

When I go with my mom we always get the Feast for Two, that samples everything vegan (minus the feta) on the menu. The Najib's special is always a part of my heart.

Pros: Great Food, Friendly

very good - Edit

Took my bf and mum here for lunch, and the food and was very good. I had the vegan falafel plate, which was very flavourful. My favourite meal is what my mum ordered. It was the vegan lentil plate, and it was amazing. Will definitely go back in the future :)

Great vegan options - Edit

Delicious vegan options in a Omni Lebanese restaurant. Menu is marked with vegetarian items, as well as vegan items. We split a bunch of vegan menu items like red lentil soup, falafel plate, special cauliflower dish and an entree that was similar to gnochi, with mushrooms, tomatoes and asparagus. All dishes were delicious, and my non-veg friend agreed. They even have a vegan dessert item, but we were too full to even try it!

Pros: Delicious, Friendly staff, Variety of vegan choices

Fantastic! - Edit

Ate here for dinner, our first time for this type of cuisine. Vegan options are marked, even wine... which is very rare for us to find this out of a store!

Food was absolutely delicious. Staff was very friendly, and the restaurant was quite pretty.

Location is so-so. It's close to Gas Town, so if you're wanting to be in that area it's fine... but not the nicest area of Vancouver and it showed.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff, Well marked vegan food

Cons: Location is close to sketchy area

Excellent Food and Atmosphere! - Edit

I recently went here with a vegetarian and two Omni friends, and we were all very satisfied with the food we ate. As others have said, the cauliflower is a must-try, as it's super good! Their baba ganouj and falafel are delicious, and their baklava plate (vegan!) was small, but well received. I would give Nuba five stars if HC allowed! :)

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Flavourful and colourful , Satisfying

Falafel Plate Is Really Goooooood! - Edit

Ate here for the first time today and boy do they have good falafel! The price is pretty reasonable for the portion you get compared to other vegan friendly places I've been.

Nice ambience and pretty friendly staff apart from 1-2 waitresses who didn't seem too happy.

Overall I really liked it! Definitely recommend it.

Pros: Good Ambience, Affordable

I love their roasted potatos! - Edit

I go to this place every no and then. I tried their famous cauliflower, their falafel plate and few soups. I like it. They have a lot of vegan options but they also serve meat.

Pros: Good food, friendly staff, nice vibe

Used to be better... - Edit

Nuba used to be delicious. Recently, it's just been ok so until they can prove me wrong, a 3 out of 5 will stand.
The Najib's special and mjadra are worth trying. Also depending on the location, they have tahini rice as a side that is really good. Most of the menu is vegan but I wish they had mouhammara and more vegan options. Also, from recent experience, the food doesn't arrive piping hot on your table. Why not?

Pros: mostly vegan, several locations, quick service

Nice Lebanese - Edit

I love that their menu is vegan unless otherwise specified! They have rapid service which is great for anyone who wants a quick lunch.

The highlight is the reasonably priced juice bar. Pick your own combo - 10 oz of $4 or 14 oz for $5.50. Try apple-carrot-beet-lime-ginger - yum!

I also really like their mujaddara and their red lentil soup. The najib's cauliflower special was nice but a bit too heavy on the deep-fried goodness (it was almost burnt) but you can have it as a side for only a $1. I didn't care much for their falafels and didn't find the hummus that outstanding.

Pros: quick service, great juice bar

Cons: deep-fried

Return to Vancouver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nuba - Gastown closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1936 times since Nov 2010.