CLOSED: Nuage Cafe

561-674-8527

5903 W Hillsboro (at corner of 441), Parkland, Florida, USA, 33067

Organic buffet and self-healing center. It's all-you-can-eat raw and vegan buffet for around $20/pp. Spread includes raw and vegan salads, pasta, patties, sunburger, pies, drinks, dessert. The owner and chef is continuously creating new dishes on the spot. SHUT DOWN DEC 2012.

Category: Vegan, American, Raw, Buffet, Juice bar

First Review by thrash632

Major disappointment - Edit

Arrived at 6 on a Saturday night to find only 2 other patrons. That should have been my first clue. Salad bar badly in need of refreshing. Most salads contained some type of fruit and i cannot do sugar Soup was mediocre.. The only help (Matt) had to be asked too many times to refill offerings.
Would it be too much to ask for a sugar free dessert? Ever heard of stevia?
I am a raw foodie. This salad bar lacked presentation, creativity,and taste. How long was that stuff really sitting out. And what's with the water. Clearly not alkaline as I was cramping all night long after being encouraged to drink it. The whole place is really a scam. Its a shame that they leverage the names of some good people who were probably there on opening day and never came back. This place will not last.

Do not waste your time. Oh Matt, I still am waiting for that coupon you promised me when I expressed my upset. I got that strong stand on integrity you mentioned.

Second time was a charm. - Edit

We were greeted by Thierry and felt like we were being welcomed into his home. The aromas, vibe and friendliness of his Cafe let you know you're some place different and certainly in for something unique.

While the menu is both simple and, perhaps - overwhelming - due, in large part, to a blending of both foods AND products, ordering and experiencing Theirry's self-taught vegan/raw gourmand talents couldn't be simpler.

We started with the "all you can eat" buffet which included a variety of items: delectable, warm raw lentil soup, salad with various greens, whole red/orange/yellow mini bell peppers, and unbelievable quinoa dish replete with veggies and fruits, a gluten-free (all of the meals are!) pasta with the most amazing treatment of veggies and sauces.

The house (oil free - again everything here is) salad dressing, olives, almonds, mesquite sauces, etc. - are ALL world-class. Everything is super relaxed in terms of how much food you can consume (plates are huge...and Thierry is so wonderful - lets you hang and encourages you to eat as much as you like.

Their magic water is fabulous...not sure why it makes you feel so good, but his invention of creating a whirlpool is really neat.

In addition to the standard menu, we also ate (on Tara J.'s recommendation) the vegan pizza. As she's so eloquently put it - it was DIVINE!. Additionally, we sampled the chef's special vegan burger which was simply out of this world. The care, preparation and presentation of this was like nothing I've ever seen.

Desert was included (a vegan ice cream - plus we upgraded one of ours to the vegan chocolate popsicle ice/cream stick. OMG...I can't even begin to describe.

Yes...we are fans...and I can't wait to go back. I know I speak for my wife who was equally blown away. Thank goodness he's out here in Parkland near our home.

Note - some of you might balk at the prices (our lunch - with a 20% tip) was well north of $50. It didn't need to be this high - but we went with many more extras (portions, specials, etc.) and felt that it was ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT. The care, raw materials, and "instant-on nature" of Thierry's artful cooking is absolutely worth it....though I hope he doesn't read this next part (we'd have paid even more....it was that good).

Like I said....second time was the charm and absolutely worth the wait!!!!

Pros: FRIENDLINESS, KNOWLEDGE, FOOD

Cons: Distance

I will never go there again! - Edit

The food here might be wonderful. I'll never know because the experience I had just *trying* to eat there was so negative.

Parkland is off my beaten track, but last Friday I was in the neighborhood, had the time, and had skipped lunch (busy day). I walked in, famished, about 2 pm.

Door unlocked but no one there. The buffet closed. Eventually the owner, Thierry (I recognized him from the website photo), emerged from the kitchen.

"Are you open for lunch?" I asked. "Or maybe dinner?"

"We are open at dinner time."

"When is that?"

"Dinner time. When do you think dinner time is?"

I didn't want a dialog. Just food. Failing that, a useful answer.

I never got it. Just more frustrating dialog and silly questions like the one above.

I have been vegan for 12 years, vegetarian for far longer. I would regularly patronize a restaurant that understands my diet. But these folks need to understand that a restaurant is about customer service, not Socratic-style dialog. That may be chic in Paris, but it is just annoying in Parkland.

I hope they hire some American staff that can teach them.

OWNER NEEDS MANNERS - Edit

I went to this restaurant a couple of weeks ago with 2 of my girlfriends and when we walked in the owner came and asked if he could help us and when we requested to see the salad bar and his wares he asked us to leave, he told us to go look on-line at his website.

I did however go back because its really the only Vegan restaurant near me so I went back today with a girlfriend and had lunch. The food was very good however the owner really needs to be nicer, he doesn't smile nor does he make the patrons feel welcome, he makes you feel like you are intruding. His kettle for tea was broken and he was not serving any juices as he advertises all the juice you can drink for the $20.00 all you can eat buffet. The salad bar is good but the main dish entree is tiny, maybe 2 bites and its gone and you can only have 1 serving. His desserts are wonderful, however he offers you something else for $2.00 more which I found a little cheesy since he's charging $20.00 for salad...I will go back because the food was healthy, tasty, well made and made fresh however; he needs to be a little nicer to people that are coming in for the first time and he needs to offer 2 desserts and 2 entree's for the $20.00 since the portions are tiny. I also saw a lot of tiny ants crawling around and I believe one customer brought back her pizza because it had a bug in it, he definitely needs a organic exterminator.
Updated from previous review on Thursday June 21, 2012

Pros: convenient location, EXCELLENT FOOD, FRESH ITEMS

Cons: NASTY OWNER, RUDE MANNERS, HIGH PRICED

LorinBoca 06 Jun 2012 - I should have realized the owner was French, only someone like that would be so rude to people coming in to check out the restaurant. LEARN SOME MANNERS or you'll never succeed

Feed Your Soul! - Edit

If you're looking for more than your taste buds to be tantalized, you can stay abreast of holistic educational and social gatherings at Nuage Cafe though www.meetup.com/nuagecafe.
They sponsor amazing speakers, and events!Buffet is accessible during events. How can it get any better than that?!

BEST USA DEAL! - Edit

BIG fan of John Kohler (Rawfood expert)!
John reviewed NUAGE CAFE, check out it out at www.okraw.com , or go to the main site: www.nuagecafe.org (a few scroll down) RATING 5/5 BEST DEAL in the Country!!!

This place is going to be slammed soon...

Pros: PRICE, FOOD QUALITY, AMBIANCE

Cons: NONE

You have to check this place out! - Edit

The food was fresh, delicious, & so healthy. You feel really good after eating here. Thierry is very knowledgeable, friendly, a great chef, and very welcoming! We had dinner here for the 1st time after we found it on HappyCow.net. We will definitely be regulars! We have driven to WPB, Ft. Laud, & Miami to eat at organic raw vegan restaurants, and are so happy to have found one just a mile away! The price is good for all that you get and is better than other raw vegan restaurants. So excited, already can't wait to go back :)

It's on Hillsboro just west of 441, Just left of BJ's. Sign above the restaurant says Ice Cream (must not have been changed yet) http://www.nuagecafe.org/

Best new raw near Ft Lauderdale - Edit

This is best new raw restaurant in southern Florida. Make sure to ask for the owner Thierry and get a view of his passion. We were taking a cruise the following day and this was a surprise jewel.
It is buffet style so no complaints on portion size like many raw food cafes. Special attention to seasonings made the soup of the day tasty..pumpkin. Several choices of greens, eggplant lasagna with mushrooms, rawsome pizza, a Waldorf cauliflower, apple bok Choy salad with curry...and banana ice cream for dessert.
We were honored while dining to see Viktoras, raw food expert, stop in.
Thanks for keeping food nourishing and yummy

Pros: Great value, Delicious choices, Magic water

Cons: Limited hrs, Location

FINALLY! A raw/vegan restaurant close to me! - Edit

I have been waiting a long time for a raw/vegan restaurant to open near Coral Springs, Florida. Finally, Nuage Cafe has answered that call. It's located in Parkland, but is only a 5 minute drive from Coral Springs if you take the Sawgrass.

I've been to vegan restaurants all over the country (raw and cooked) and this is hands down one of the best. There is so much food with so many flavors. Make sure to go with an empty stomach, because there will be more food than you can eat in a single sitting.

The chef/owner is very welcoming. My family had an extended conversation with him about raw food, mineral water (that he makes himself), yoga, etc. He also has Yoga classes every week and other events.

If you are anywhere in the South Florida area, go out of your way to visit this place. You will not be disappointed. If you are a local to Coral Springs, Parkland, Coconut Creek, Boca or anywhere near those areas, then you are in luck to have such a wonderful raw/vegan option so close.

Pros: Amazing food, all you can eat!, Friendly, tranquil environment

Return to Parkland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Nuage Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.