Nourished On The Go

Contact 289-923-3622

16 Simcoe Street S, Oshawa, Ontario, Canada, L1H 4G2

Vegan healthy fast-food restaurant. Offers juices, smoothies, soups, stews, pasta, salads, wraps, and desserts. Mon-Fri 11:00am-7:00pm, Sat 11:00am-5:00pm

Category: Vegan, American, International, Fast food, Take-out, Catering

First Review by andreajane

Fabulous, fast vegan food - Edit

An amazing addition to downtown Oshawa, Ontario... not usually considered a hotbed of vegan food.
It's vegan 'fast foof' and it's all amazing.
There is very limited seating (3 small bar tables)... I wish there was more seating, but it's still fantastic.
Chef Gabriella is also a wonderful person, really supportive of the community and helps run the local vegan group. Yay!
Don't miss it.
Updated from previous review on Friday April 29, 2016

Pros: all vegan, super yummy, very community minded

Cons: not enough seating, no washroom, a little pricey/small portions

great! cute! - Edit

It was difficult to find .. Since it's a tiny little cafe, but it was so worth it when I found it!!
The Vegan CheeseCake and the Vegan Alfredo Pasta was ABSOLUTELY delicious!!
Highly recommend to go, to keep this cute little cafe in business!!

Pros: you can get take out!! , everything tastes good!

First time, fresh food! - Edit

A group of my students went to Nourished On The Go for lunch and brought me back a Veggie Dream wrap, it was fresh and tasty! I am looking forward to going myself and trying other options.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Cooking classes, Close to work

Dissapointed - Edit

We happened to pass by the town and decided to try out a place with such a good reviews. We arrived with my kids wanted to go to the toilet. ok, this is supposed to be a take away, so they do not have toilet for customer. You are supposed to go to Subway next door. We went and came back. There were 3,4 high tables and chairs, so we ate there. Don't expect high chair. I ordered penne alfredo, non-chicken noodle soup and scrambled tofu wrap. The staff took out noodle and sauce from the fridge and put it in the microwave. So, that was the penne alfredo. I did not go to many take away places before, so i am not sure, is a take away place supposed to be microwaved some kind of frozen meal. i was expecting to have some kind of freshly prepared meal for take out. The penne was a bit hard, but sauce was ok. I did not see how they prepared the soup thing, but it was some kind of mock meat and penne in carrot, celery and rosemary soup. Well... The wrap was FRESHLY prepared with lettuce, tomatoes and tofu. I am not sure there was any sauce, probably there was. I asked the staff to cut into half for my kids, but the whole thing dismantled after that. It was the worst wrap i ever had in a restaurant. Will i go back again? Only if i wanted to eat some microwaved food and bad wrap.

Pros: Vegan??, Recycle friendly

Cons: Food, Service

Nourished On The Go - Wow! - Edit

Wowee, wow, wow!

Just ate there for the first time. Jibbers Crabst! Wow.

I actually sent my husband for take-out, so I didn't actually eat "there". Soup was good. Pasta was good. Chocolate brownie cake was okay.

Had them recommend a stew. They selected the Southwestern style. They weren't wrong. Did I say, "Wow," already! Fabulous!! It is one of the best things I've ever eaten!!!

I will definitely be back, and look forward to trying the rest of the menu. What a find!!

Oh, recyclable take-out containers and "Green Shift" paper take-away bags, too.

Pros: Vegan., Good selection., Some dishes are simply excellent.

2 Responses

Tasty Tasty Stuff - Edit

I've tried a few menu options from Nourished on the Go, and I can say with confidence that I wouldn't be disappointed with any dish. They're all delicious, and it's nice that I can order without asking any questions about what's in the food. I can't wait for the restaurant to open.

Pros: Great Food, A lot of variety, The price is fair

Cons: My stomach is too small. I want more.

Return to Oshawa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nourished On The Go closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3182 times since Sep 2013.