CLOSED: Nourish

• Veg-friendly

Contact 480-684-2233

Highland Ave (at west of Scottsdale Rd), Scottsdale, Arizona, USA, 85251

Serves meat, vegan options available. A health food restaurant with vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, lactose-free, soy free, nut free, and egg free choices. Most of the menu can be made vegan upon request. THIS LOCATION SHUT.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Non-veg

First Review by Nikki5737

Very good vegan options - Edit

The restaurant now has many Vegan options, and the menu is clearly labeled as to Vegan, vegetarian, paleo, gluten free, etc. The eggplant "cheese" rolls were good, and the fresh veggie burger, sweet potato air fries and Vegan chocolate mousse all were delicious. The meal was incredibly filling too. A second trip found the avocado & sweet potato salad fantastic, but the mock tuna was disappointing. Not bad, just not at all tuna-like. I'll definitely visit again in the future.

Pros: Excellent food, Well-labeled menu, Fast service (on a slow night)

Cons: Mock tuna not like tuna

Delish!! - Edit

I just got back from having dinner at Nourish. I was in absolute heaven from the first bite all the way until the last. I had the sweet potato "fries" mentioned in the other review and they were fabulous. No oil what so ever and the apricot sauce they served with them was tasty. My friend is vegan and gluten free and she thoroughly enjoyed her meal also. I had the raw tacos that were scrumptious. The menu had many choices for the variety of diets that people choose, and actually it was difficult to make our final decisions for our meal. The staff was really friendly, loved the atmosphere, and I really appreciated their willingness to accommodate any changes we asked for. I would highly recommend Nourish!variu

Pros: friendly and helpful staff, great atmosphere, extremely tasty, fresh, creative food

Stopped going here - Edit

The menu has become less and less appealing to vegans. The emphasis appears to be on gluten-free and towards omni. At one time this place was on our must-go-to places in the Phoenix area. No longer.

Pros: Friendly Staff

Cons: Price, Food availability

Attempting to be Nourishing - Edit

I have to give this poor little restaurant some credit for trying. They attempt to cater to all types, and as you can see from the other review, when one attempts all, they end up mediocre at everything. They have a bit still to learn and some kinks to iron out. The fat free fries have fat in them and left our plate and napkins soaked with oil. We pointed that out, but I doubt any menu updates will be made. They buy the fried precut... You can just slice up your own and save a ton and they will actually be fat free... The healthy vegan options were slim. We had kitchen sink salads for both of us and we left hungry and searching for more food. They are extremely nice and really trying hard, but I'd give them more time to get it together or go on there way. The parking is horrible, I don't suggest valet, but figure out how to park for free underneath that monstrosity of a modern building.

Pros: attempt to cater to all

Cons: parking, could be better

Disappointing - Edit

My family chose this restaurant because they advertise catering to all types of diets. I'm vegan, my sister is Celiac, so is gluten-free, and my grandmother is allergic to nuts. It was great that their menu was clearly labeled so we could each see what would fit within our diets.
Unfortunately, the food was very bland and it took an hour to receive our entrees.
My sister had the chicken parmigiana, which she said the breading had such a weird aftertaste she scraped it all off. I had the Chef's special waffle, which was supposed to be chocolate-peanut butter, but was was extremely bland, with barely a hint of cocoa.
The menu also says they have three "vegan" desserts, but two of those have honey in them! The third they had run out of, so I did not have dessert. The after dinner coffee was also very bitter and tasted burned.
All in all, it took over 2 hours to complete our meal and there were only about 5 other tables filled while we were there. It was a very disappointing experience:(

Pros: caters to all kinds of diets, menu is clearly labeled for allergens, friendly staff

Cons: food is bland, kitchen is slow, labels honey as vegan

Return to Scottsdale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Nourish closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2029 times since Oct 2011.