North South East West Fusion Vegetarian

• Vegetarian
Contact 81000049

200 Tanjong Katong Rd, East Singapore, Singapore, 436998

This veggie eatery moved out of Marine Parade Central food court and into its own shop (Dec 2014). Serves Asian vegetarian fusion cuisine. Last order 9:30pm. Opens Monday if full or new moon, then closes next day.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Fusion, Singaporean

First Review by Peace ...

Popular place with extensive menu - Edit

It's a nice little self-service restaurant, which makes you feel a little like in a cantine, but it still has a very friendly ambience. They offer a huge variety of dishes, western and asian, and include veggies as well as a lot of meat substitutes. They don't use garlic or onions. On request they will make your food less or more spicy, whichever you prefer. The place was crowded when we went, lots of locals seem to come here on a regular basis - and so would I, if I lived nearby. The prices are okay or even cheap for Singapore and the food is really nice! At the counter they sell a few vegetarian products, for anyone looking for noodles without the usual chicken or prawn flavouring, this is perfect.

Pros: good quality, little "shop" at the counter, fast and friendly service

Buddhist Vegetarian, Extensive menu - Edit

One of my fave places because their Spicy Char Kway Teow, Crispy Noodles, Bitter Gourd soup with Rice are outstanding! Their Grass Jelly dessert is also awesome because they don't stinge on nipah fruit (attap chee). Their menu choice is extensive and whilst some of my friendly detractors argue that many of the items fall under a category of soup or sauce base, I'd still come here regularly because of affordability (fresh veggie items, like most places, can be pricier though), wide variety and decent ambience

Pros: extensive menu,, friendly staff,, quick service

Cons: difficult to hail taxi from here,, can be crowded & noisy on holidays, they could change menu every quarter instead of an

One of the best! - Edit

We have been to the resturant at least 10 to 12 times a month. And we have not finish tasting all the varities of food. There are Western & Eastern style of vegetarian food at a very reasonable price. So far one of the best I have tasted are the different style of Hot Plate dishes and my children would prefer the 'American Hamburger'
We love the atmosphere and the friendly waiter & waitress. Due to the resturant popularity among the residense nearby, it always full during weekends and furthermore parking is always a problem.

Pros: Variety of food, Tasty food, Reasonable prices

Cons: Seating capacity, Parking

EAT @ NORTH SOUTH EAST WEST ... - Edit

North South East West is a cosy mini restaurant in a food court with a quiet alfresco dining area surrounded with greenery. I like the cosy and relax ambience with calming music.

Offering Asian and Western Vegetarian Fare - Ramen, Udon, Sandwiches, Finger Food, Noodles, Rice, Congee, Pasta, Pizza, Fish and Chip, Prata, Fusion dishes and so on, you can find that all in this mini restaurant. Plenty choices to choose from.

It is "more accessible" to diners watching their pockets (NO GST and NO Service Charge) as much as their waistlines. Like the - Braised Dong Bo Slices @ S$3.50 which we ordered under the Non-Fried Item Menu, come with 5 mini bundles of Mock Dong Bo Meat with Mushroom which is great to be shared among few people or eaten by one pax. The Treasury Baggy @ $3 is another sumptuous finger food which we love.

I always find the presentation of the menu is very important. It should be interesting, clear and easy to read. I set my eye on the dish - Volcano Curry Udon, in my mind, I visual the fiery and piping hot Udon just like the erupting volcano and immediately felt so appetizing. Was quite disappointed when they don't have it and I go for the non-spicy version - Udon Noodle Soup @ $5.5o. A colourful udon soup with different variety of ingredients like corn, french beans, carrot, mushrooms, mock meat ball, vegetarian mushroom meat, black fungus shred that paired perfectly with the "Sha Cha Jiang" flavourful broth.

Love the colourful variety of Vegetarian and Vegan Tibits/Snacks in the eatery. Bought the healthy brown rice crackers @ S$3.50 with could be used on salad and the no MSG, GM/Gluten/Lactose free Chips S$2.50 before leaving. I have also noted what the dishes that I wanted on my next are.

Comparing with the Rice House which is under the same group, I prefer this more. If I am the residents in Marine Parade, I would definitely go here very often ...

Return to East Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has North South East West Fusion Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4406 times since Apr 2010.